Saturday, May 1, 2010

Tiny Travel Sewing Kit


Hello everyone, I nearly forgot to upload this terrific post for you today! It is my weekly design work for Scrolls Work Stamps.  I put together this tiny sewing kit using the Journal kit Stamp -2071. The front of this little sewing kit measures 1 5/8 x 2 1/4 inches (4x5.5cm).

I stamped the image using SU! Close to Cocoa ink and then I heat embossed the image using clear powder. I did this several times until I had a thick coat in place and then I used the Cracked Glass technique. I sponged over the image with brown ink to show the distressed lines. I added copper colored grommets which had turned dark over time.  I cut the front from the back and added a spine using SU! Close to Cocoa card stock.

This is the first page and I used the front image of the journal stamp and cut out the journal space. I tucked a ribbon in the space from behind. I used clear embossing powder on the inside pages too. I cut the top off of this pocket page once it was assembled and used a Fiskars tag punch to hold the thread.  This tiny button stamp that I used was the perfect size to use as the tab. This stamp came from a Christmas Tag Kit which was released several years ago by Plaid/Delta.  I made two of them using embossing powder and glued them together. The thread card fits nicely in the pocket and only the top of the button shows when it is in place.

The next page is another pocket. I used a SU! punch as the flap on the top of this pocket. Heat embossed it with gold embossing powder and added this stamped thimble -3001.  You can see how small this sewing kit is in comparison to the size of my hand.
When the pocket is opened, you can see the slim line magnet that I used by Basic Gray. Several buttons and a needle threader fit nicely into this space. I have another sewing kit in the works and I think it will be even better than this one. I used a different color combo and I like it even better than this one.  I'll try and show it to you in a week or two along with a sewing box.  They are still works in progress on my cropping table so stop by again soon to check them out!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Karin said...

What an excellent idea! Practical and so beautiful, I love it :)

Cassie_lu said...

what a wonderful idea and the details you put into it is great.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin