Saturday, July 24, 2010

OFA Short Course and Trade Show

I have spent the last several weeks in Columbus, Ohio for the OFA Short course and trade show. Once I returned home, my Dad was hospitalized for several days. Right now I feel like I am a day late and a dollar short getting all of the new stuff posted here on the old blog. Stay tuned because I have lots to show you and time is quickly ticking away as I gear up for CHA. If you don't already know, CHA is the Craft and Hobby Association show. I'll be showing you the new products that are being released this summer.
Now let's get back to the Short Course. So now you might be wondering what this is, why I would go there and what this has to do with crafting. Well the answer is.........
           What- the largest green industry event and trade show in the country.
           Why- because I have volunteered to set up decorations for the last 11 years. The volunteers are a
                     wonderful group of people.
           Crafting- absolutely nothing. It is just something that I have enjoyed doing in my field of study. Since it is a part of my summer, I have decided to share some bits and pieces with you!
This first photo shows a banner in downtown Columbus which welcomes the OFA Short course. This event brings in about 10,000 people to the downtown area during the slow dog days of summer. We had people attend from every state in the US and also from 30 some countries.
  
      
          This shot shows some of the plant material that we move in for the event. Since it is a green industry event, we use a lot of fresh materials. A big thanks goes out to Proven Winners, Ball Seed and Baker's Acres for providing a lot of the plant material in this display. If you want to see the latest plant introductions, this is the place to be!
We used a lot of Dramm watering equipment in the decorations this year.  I glued vases to this water sprinkler and set a vase with color coordinating tulips to finish off this display. I know there is a bit too much light with these pics but this area is solid glass walls and it is tough to get a good photo. 
I'll be back soon with more pics of this event in the near future. Enjoy!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Beautiful pictures paula. I hope your enjoying your time at CHA and I wish you a safe trip home.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin