Monday, July 19, 2010

Sequin Bell Ornament

When I was growing up, my Mom would order sequin ornaments kits through the mail and we would sit and make this type of ornament for our tree. When I left home, my Mom shared the ornaments we had made all those years earlier and I had plenty of pretty ornaments for my first tree. I was in the craft store and found these foam forms and pins so I went over and picked up some sequins to make these ornaments again. I already had the other materials needed to complete these, in my stash at home. I went home and put this together for my daughter. Her room is blue, white and silver. She uses these colors on her small table top tree, so I thought I would continue the tradition. If this interests you, let me know and I will post more information about how to make these. They take about 8 hours or so to complete one ornament but they will last for decades on a tree. Mine are over thirty years old and they still look great! They are stored in the attic and they have not tarnished or discolored. Enjoy!

Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

love your ornament and stick pins

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin