Sunday, March 24, 2013

Bits and Pieces

Today's post showcases all of those bits and pieces you have lying around on your work area that didn't make it onto your project. I can't throw those things away so I toss them into a box and at some point, I make cards using these pieces.
 This is an image I colored several years ago but I made a mistake and decided to try and hide it by spritzing the card all over. I wound up with this water stain look that I wasn't going for in my project so I tossed it aside. I think it looks fine on this card. I was also using up a few flowers that had been taking up space in a jar. Some Tim Holtz tape and matted vintage bag completed the card.
Everything on the this card was scrap from several other projects. They worked well enough together so I just started playing with the pieces.

 The inside screamed for something more so I added a few flowers just to be different.
 This was a wild mix. I added the sentiment and the punched border to get this scrappy card.
 These little bits and pieces came together into a simple but elegant card. I stamped the border and the background to get this combination with the other bits.
This lonely leftover image turned into a cheery card. I stamped the background image, added ribbon and voile.
These may not be my best work but they still get an A+ for re purposed bits of scrap. It feels great to clean up and not waste these little gems. If you decide to re purpose your little bits and pieces, share the results with the rest of us.

Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin