Friday, November 15, 2013
Holiday Season 2013
I have a lovely Christmas card for you today. It is made with SU! Rose Red card stock and My Minds Eye 6x6 Christmas paper pad.
1. I stamped on white card stock with SU! Rose Red ink with the joy ornament stamp from SU! Delightful Decorations set. Then I used my ornament punch to cut out the image and used dimensional foam to pop the ornament off of the embossed white card stock. I added a pink seam binding bow.
2. I hand embossed this piece with the Marianne design stencil Mery 006 and used a 1/4 inch quarter rounder on the corners. This piece measures 3"x3".
3.Take a 4 1/2"x4" piece of Rose Red card stock and emboss 3 1/2" of this piece with the Tim Holtz Postcard embossing folder. Make sure to leave the top inch of the card stock smooth and stamp a sentiment in white ink or use a rub on like this one from SU! Season of Cheer. Glue round bling into the o's in holiday and season. Use a corner punch to soften the bottom two corners.
4. Cut the MME paper 5 1/2" wide and cut with the Tim Holtz Baroque on the edge die so that the paper is 5 1/4" long.
5.Cut a piece of Rose Red card stock 5 3/4"x7" and score it at 1/2" and fold down flap so that the card stock now measures 5 3/4"x6 1/2". Cut another piece 5 3/4"x6 1/2". Glue the two pieces together so that the flap piece becomes the front with the flap glued down on the inside top of the back.
6. Lay the card across the on the edge die and tape in place so that when cut, the card is slightly less than 6" in length. Trim away the bottom using a pair of scissors. You will need to cut about 1/4" on each side to remove the bottom from the card.
7. Cut a piece of white card stock to measure 5 1/2"x6" and cut the end with the on the edge die so that the completed piece measures 5 1/2"x5 1/2". Attach this piece to the inside of the card and covering the seam at the top. This now gives you a white base to stamp a sentiment. This also gives some weight to the back of the card so that the card is not top heavy.