Thursday, November 7, 2013

Seafoam Lovlies


Several years ago I saw this tutorial on making flower pot cards and made a copy for my projects notebook. I kept thinking I would get around to making these but other projects always took precedence until a few months ago. I saw this card again on the interenet and took a Sunday afternoon to devote to them. I am now addicted to making these flower pot cards in all sorts of color combinations because it is such a cheery type of card. I use them as Birthday, Get Well and even Thinking of You greetings. I use mulberry paper p, fabric and card stock or any combination of these to make the flowers. Here I used white mulberry flowers which I tinted with my homemade glimmer sprays and some fabric flowers which I purchased online. The leaves were cut with a Stampin' Up! die.

 This sweet little card was made using a bunch of scraps from my basket. The card stock was stamped a long time a go when I made some other cards and so was the sage green card stock. I took some small Prima flowers and added some mulberry petals along with some sage green ink. It's an instant hybrid flower. The oval punches are Stampin' Up! and the I used a Spellbinders labels die to layer the sentiment. To finish it off, I added a few half pearls and Voila!
Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin