Thursday, November 14, 2013

Stampscapes Sunset

I have Stampscapes Stamps scenes for you today. Say that three times fast! I have used a few other stamps besides Stampscapes but I shall tell you all about them. I began by stamping the background image with Lakeside Island in black Stazon ink. Next I inked up Fir Tree Large and stamped off before stamping the image on the Kromekote card stock. This gives the appearance that the large trees are off in the distance. I took the water pattern small stamp and added ripples to the water by inking the stamp and then stamping off twice before applying it to the card. Then I decided to color the rocks with dye based Stampin' Up! markers and began laying down a coat of  Lemonade Adirondack Lights ink as the base coat. I then layered on the inks using Stampin' Up! dye ink pads in blush blossom, pumpkin pie, only orange and really rust. I finished things off by stamping the foreground with a juniper stamp by the now defunct Scrollswork Stamp Company and the evergreen trees by Innovative Stamp Creations. All in all, this one turned out pretty well. I just need to learn to keep the center a bit lighter instead of pulling so much of the darker colors through too far to the center.
  
For this one, I used Lakeside Island and 150E Pine Row as the background. I turned Pine Row upside down and added a few more tree reflections. I used the Water Pattern Small stamp again to lightly add texture to the lake. In the foreground I used Man with Walking Staff, Fir Tree Large and Reeds Large. In the sky I place birds with a Scrollswork stamp and then began sponging on the colors. I used Stampin' Up! Bashful Blue, Blush Blossom and Black for the sky. The water has Bashful Blue, Blush Blossom, Black and Adirondack Lights Aqua inks. The greens were Stampin' Up! Certainly Celery and Glorious Green. The rocks were colored with SU! markers and a white gel pen was added for highlights. My critique for this one would be to use blue around the edges and very little black. It came out fine and I am still learning as I go. 

Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin