Friday, November 8, 2013

Stampscapes

Today I have some stamped images from the Stampscapes Stamp Company. I have been Looking at these stamps for years and finally began collecting the stamps a little here and a little there. I admit that I LOVE making scenes with these. I had to play with them a bit to figure out just how much pressure to apply etc. I had a knack to press too hard when using the water stamp but I figured things out with a little trial and error. If you come from a stamping background, then these are a little different to use. They are also very addictive! I have seen different tutorials posted, on You Tube by some of the stampscapes instructors. I went to watch some videos once my stamps arrived. For some reason, I could no longer find many of the videos that I had seen in the past. I shot Kevin (stampscapes owner) a message asking if he knew why those videos were no longer posted. He wasn't sure what was going on but told me he was planning on posting more videos himself.  Well, it didn't take long for Kevin to begin posting videos. I was thrilled and starting watching videos over and over, as I learned the techniques of how to make these wonderful scenes. Can you say..Addictive! This first scene I stamped and used a color combination that I had seen in a photo or video. I don't remember exactly since I stamped this in January 2013. I used the Lakeside Cabin 147F,  Ledge 054F, Pine Row 150E,  Pine 196F, Water Pattern Small 231C. The grass in the foreground is from Scrollswork Stamps and is now a defunct company.

I think the ideas for this one came from several of Kevin's videos at the Stampscapes You Tube Channel. I don't remember which ones exactly but I made do with what I had on hand so my scene is different. The moon was made using a mask which I made by using a circle punch on a piece of heavy vellum and adding repositional glue to one side of the mask. I like to stamp the images in Stazon ink and then apply water based dye ink to finish the scene. I used stampscapes Pine Row 150E, Pine 196F, Tiny Wolf and scrollswork Juniper stamp which I stamped upside down as the overhanging tree in the top of the scene. Add a little white gel pen for night stars and a bit of white pigment ink to complete the look.


Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin