Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Gardening Therapy Sign

Here is another sign that I designed and cut from my husband's Carvewright machine. It's a birthday gift for my college friend. I found the clipart on the internet and added it to both ends of the sign. The over all dimensions measure 11 inches x 21 inches and is painted to withstand the exterior weather. I used an exterior primer on the wood and base coated it in a dark shade. I then applied this creamy base coat and used a glossy black for the lettering and the framed edges. The tools and wheelbarrow were base coated and then dry brushed to give a bit of depth. I distressed the piece with sand paper and then applied a clear coat. I'm pleased with the way this piece turned out with the color combinations and the over all vintage feel.
Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin