Friday, January 17, 2014

Double Challenge Card

 Today I have my card for the SCS Featured Stamper FS362 challenge and of course the 100 x 100 2014 challenge+- too. This makes 26 of 100 projects completed. I took a look in rebeccadeeprose's gallery and it didn't take me long to find a card that I could CASE. the things I changed on the card were:
1. I used deeper tones but stayed with the same colorway.
2. I replaced the lace with pearls and a ribbon trim.
3. I used pearls under my sentiment
4. I used a different sentiment and border punch
 The details about this card are at the bottom of the post.
 I used scraps to decorate the inside and to help weight the back. This card is top heavy with all of the flowers and beads.
While I was at it, I made five of them. I think it is such a pretty card that I'll want more than one, in my stash.
Card Base-12 pt C1S white pearlescent cover from Marco's Paper
Teal Paper- DCWV The Mademoiselle Stack
Pink Paper- 6 x 6 Stampin' Up! Pad
Sentiment- Stampin' Up! Teeny Tiny Wishes, Blue Ridge Impressions
Ink- Black Memento
Trims- Hobby Lobby Beaded Trim, ribbon trim from Hobby Lobby or Jo-Ann
Punches/Dies- Stampin' Up! Eyelet border Punch, Quickutz Doily Punches
Flowers- iamroses.com which I hand colored with my homemade glimmer spray
Note- I used one dark berry glimmer spray to tint all of the flowers. I just diluted the spray with water to get three different "tints".
Photobucket

1 comment:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! This is stunning! Love the flowers! Love the colors! Love the layout. How gorgeous!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin