Friday, January 24, 2014

Jan. IAR Challenge

Hello everyone, I have a lot of photos for you today and I think you are going to like them. I was over at the Iamroses challenge blog last week and I thought..."go for it! Try out the challenge!" The challenge theme is 'Anything Goes' and we are to incorporate white flowers. After thinking about it for a bit, I decided to decorate a glass storage jar in my craft room. This is what I came up with.
This is an old candy jar like the one my grandmother kept on her back porch. It was a three season room and she kept desserts/candies out there on an old buffet. I keep flower petals in this one and I wanted to gussie it up a bit. Dusty rose and green has been one of my long time favorite color combinations. The large pink acrylic rose in the center is an Anna Griffin embellishment from the Carolina Collection. All of the other flowers on this piece are from Iamroses. I will be posting a video soon and describe how I put this together.
This is a look at the lid and the front.
A close up of the front.
The rose tipped flowers were made using different petals and glueing them together. I added a glass pearl for the center and colored the tips of the petals with a mix of Tim Holtz Victorian Velvet ink and water.

I even decorated the back of the jar.


This view of the side shows the three different trims that I layered together.
I used the 1" roses, 3/4" roses, 1/2" roses, small ivory crochet flowers, small white curly gardenia petals, mini white hydrangea petals and the pale green leaves. I used my home made glimmer spray to alter the color of the leaves. 

Feel free to leave a comment and thanks for stopping by today!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

This is absolutely stunning!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin