Saturday, January 4, 2014

Justrite Get Well Labels Twenty for the 100 Day Challenge

I have been trying out this Justrite stamp set which I received as a Christmas gift. It's called Get Well Labels Twenty and I like it a lot. I colored this image with alcohol markers (Copics and Spectrum Noir) to look very much like the color image on the package. I am pleased with the way it turned out and I am finally getting the look out of the markers that I have been after for so long. For me, the learning curve has been steep compared to other mediums that I use to color images. This image is so pretty that I didn't add a bunch of layers and die cuts to this 5x7 inch card. I used high quality Strathmore card stock with a gold deckle edge. I then added designer card stock from the DCWV Luxery Stack. The Phrase was colored and popped up for some dimensional foam dots. It's pretty straight forward and simple with a bit of elegance.

I added a layer of card stock to the inside. Doing this gives weight to the back and balances the card.
This is a Stampin' Up! image from the Crazy for Cupcakes stamp set. I layered the cupcakes so that the tiers are dimensional as in real life. This meant cutting two additional images and cutting rows of cupcakes away. Notice the shadow under the tray? I wanted the bottom of the stand to be further away than the tray and adding two layers to the bottom row of cupcakes gave me just the right look. The Papers are old and I have no idea where I got them. I was using up old products which have been taking up much needed space. By the way, the image was stamped on watercolor paper with Gold detail embossing powder. 

The birthday poem is a Hambo stamp. It's new to me and I just love it! The ivy stamp may be a PSX stamp. I'm not certain on that one. If you want to know for certain, just shoot me a message and I will find out later. Right now,  I need to dash out and get my daughter back to college. I'm off to the great white north and more snow will be falling soon. I'll talk to you soon, if I don't turn into a snow woman before then! This completes cards for days three and four of the 100 day challenge. Thanks for stopping by!
Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin