Thursday, January 16, 2014

Never Be Afraid to Trust


 I decided this year would be a year of paper challenges. After burnout from posting so much several years ago, I came to the conclusion that it is more important to create than it is to post about all of the creations. I made many projects for myself and friends and didn't care if I snapped a pic or not. Most of the time, I didn't and that was fine with me. Now that I am refreshed, I am ready to go again!
 As you well know, I will count these cards in the 100 x 100 2014 challenge at Splitcoaststampers and I will join the Our Daily Bread Designs ODBDSLC186 challenge.  This week it is a sketch challenge and I added a copy of the sketch below.
Both cards were made using DCWV Luxury Stack Paper, Spellbinders Petite large Oval and the Classic Scallop Oval Large dies. I also used the same ribbon and half back pearls which came from a florist supply and there is not a brand on the package. The card base is Pearlescent Cover 12 pt. C1S White card from Marco's Paper. I stamped the image on Georgia Pacific CS with black Memento ink. This is the stamp set. These cards are very luxurious! I may tuck one of them away for my daughter's graduation.

Now for the flowers. The top card started with a blue Prima flower to which I punched and made a center. The four petal flowers are clay and came from the wedding section at Hobby Lobby. The tiny white rosebuds came from Iamroses.com.

The second card has white rosebuds from Iamroses.com and dark teal ribbon roses which came from a craft store many years ago. The center flower was made by glueing mulberry petals together and adding a half pearl. I think they are American Crafts from six or eight years back.


 Photobucket

12 comments:

Alshandra said...

Gorgeous cards Paula! So glad you've joined us this week at ODBD Shining the Light Challenge. So elegant and beautiful. I love the papers you've used and the half-pearls. Those flowers add such a lovely touch to that beautiful quote. Thank you for sharing these wonderful cards. Elizabeth

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a stunning card Paula!! I just love the blue, the pearls, and the flowers to frame the beautiful quote. Gorgeous take on the sketch!! Thanks for sharing your talent with us at ODBD!!
blessings,
Chris

Cheryl (aka CherylQuilts) said...

Oh, Paula, I was delighted to see both of these beautiful cards on SCS, where I left comments. I love your take on this week's ODBD Shining the Light challenge sketch and the lovely DP and embellishments. The quote is a favorite! I was delighted to read about you and also read that you are now feeling refreshed and posting your cards again! So glad you've joined us this week, and I hope to see you again! Warm hugs!

Cheryl (aka CherylQuilts) said...

P. S. Paula, I was typing on my iPad, which is difficult, and switched to my laptop...but I was delighted with your description of how you created the beautiful flowers! I so appreciate that, along with your recipe details and the link to the stamp set. I have that set, and you've inspired me to use it! Thanks so much! And I love your Scripture passage in your signature! Hugs!

Misti said...

Gorgeous card! Love the sentiment!

Linda Carson said...

Wow Paula both cards are stunning! Your take on the sketch is picture perfect! Glad you're refreshed and going again! Really lovely and very creative! Thanks for Shining the Light with ODBD!

Judy McMullen said...

Gorgeous card! Love the colors, layout, embellishments and especially that wonderful sentiment!!

C Cruz said...

OMG these cards are beyond gorgeous! You've inspired me to try to make one as glamorous as the ones you've made. They're absolutely decadent!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! This card is stunning! Love all the beautiful embellishments... and that quote is perfect!

TLady said...

SOOOOO LOVELY!!!!!!! I JUST got that stamp a few days ago!!!!;) FABULOUS JOB!!!!!!!:)

Kelley said...

Beautiful!! Love the contrast, a side by side picture would be cool too! So pretty!!

Kelley said...

Beautiful!! Love the contrast, a side by side picture would be cool too! So pretty!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin