Thursday, January 30, 2014

Spring Potting Bench

Hello crafters! I'm trying to stay warm during these unseasonably frigid days of winter. I sit here and look out into my garden and wish for the spring thaw. Since I won't be seeing that for weeks, I decided to stamp out my own wishful spring garden onto paper. I used my alcohol ink markers and "went to town". I shaded the sky first and then the other images on the page.

Card stock with stamped images- Beckett Expression  (This can now be found as part of the Strathmore Premium Line). It works wonderfully with alcohol ink and is very smooth. You can still pick this up from Marco's Paper.
Stamps Sets- SU! Scene in a Garden, Rubber Stampede Country Garden
Stamp Pad- Memento Tuxedo Black
Alcohol Markers- Spectrum Noir BT1, TB1, TB2, TB3,TB5, TB6, EB1, EB2, GB8, CR8, DR1, DR3, DR5, TN7, DG2, DG3, DG4, TN2.
Copics C1, C3, C5.
Water Based Dye SU! Markers- Mellow Moss, Sage Shadow, Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust. I used these to color the stacked flower pots, the tulips and the tulip leaves.

After my scene was complete, I cropped the image and mounted it to black card stock. The black just makes all of the colors pop and anchors the image to the page. I mounted this onto plain white card stock and called it a day. Now I can look at this while I sit under my full spectrum lighting and pretend it's spring!


Photobucket

2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! This is so pretty - the colors are vibrant!

C Cruz said...

What a wonderful scene! Looks like a lot of work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin