Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Emerald Green Northern Lights

Today I have some Stampscapes images which make excellent cards for men. I made this set of images on a cold gray Sunday afternoon back in early January. This is the last image that I made that day and I think it is the best of the three. The last image is the first one I created and you can see that I got better as I practiced. I watched Kevin create a similar card via a Stampscapes video. These are my versions. I was out of practice and it took some time to get back into the groove of Stampscapes.


I started with the same base coat on glossy card stock that Kevin uses and then I used my Stampin' Up! ink colors. They were similar to what Kevin used. such as Certainly Celery, Garden Green, Glorious Green, Handsome Hunter and Black. I stamped the 30C Fir Tree stamp from Stampscapes with black Stazon ink and added stars with a white gel pen and a bit of white pigment ink. 

As you can see, I was a little too happy when I added the black ink in the sky. I still wanted to post this to show you that practice really does make perfect. You can see a big difference from the first and last cards. This technique is easy and you will learn quite quickly as you go. I would recommend trying this if you are a beginner with Stampscapes.

Additional Materials
Paper- Stampin' Up! 6x6 pad
Stamp- Stampin' Up! Teeny Tiny Wishes Set
Punches- Medium Oval and Modern Label
Die Cuts- Spellbinders Fancy Tags
Photobucket

1 comment:

Val Manchuk said...

Paula, these creations of yours are beautiful! I feel inspired to set up my easel and do some painting when I look at them! Have a great day!

Val @ artsybuildinglady.blogspot.ca

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin