Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Floating Celebration

This is another VSN Challenge card from Friday night and I would like to thank all those involved in front of and behind the scenes. We were given the challenge of creating a card with floating or flying demensions. I took my single balloon stamp and stamped a whole bundle which ae floating away. I stamped two images of the pink, purple and blue balloons so that I could pop them off the card with foam dots. This took several tries to line up the stamp just right so that the balloons overlapped in the right place. I think I trashed the first three attempts and decided not to make copies of this one.
The inside is so bright and pretty! I have Stacy (JBgreendawn) to thank for sending the designer papers in a swap a while back. This card measures 4 x 9.25 inches. I needed the height to give the feeling that the balloons were floating away. I like this size card yet I seldom make them. I'll have to make myself a note so I am reminded to use this size more often.  I also get to count this as part of my 100x100 challenge too!
Materials Used
Alcohol Markers- Copic RV11
Spectrum Noir BT5, BT2, TB2, CT3, PL2, PP5, GB5, BGR1
Stamps- SU! Crazy for cupcakes (balloon), SU! Bloomin with Happiness
Card Stock- GP, SU! Taken with teal
Designer Paper-Heidi Grace Loving You large stripe, All My Memories CTBP-D06
Martha Stewart Floral Vine Punch
Offray 1/4 picot ribbon
Stickles Glitter

Photobucket

2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

This is a fun tall card... perfect!

Judy McMullen said...

Wow! Love the way you did the balloons! They just pop right off the card!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin