Friday, February 21, 2014

Sandcastle Beaches


This has turned out to be one of those days that I should have crawled back into bed! The day started with a tree trimmer taking down two very large and very old trees from our front yard. The one hundred and twenty four year old houses came out unscathed but the neighbors garden wall took a hit. They were planning on removing the wall but hadn't gotten around to it yet. After cleaning up the limbs and debris from the street, I came in to get a bite to eat and write today's blog post. After finishing and loading my post elswhere on the web, I decided to do a little house keeping chore on my blog and deleted my post! So here I am again, trying to remember all of the materials and write down the information again.
The take home message for this post was to look at your stamps a bit differently and you might find that you can make some masculine cards with stamps you already have. You see the left photo invokes a feeling of a warm summer day on the beach and the right photo feels like evening or a storm. The same image can be used over and over and the feeling can change depending on the colors used and the depth of color used. The right photo is more masculine than the left. I think you get the message. It will be interesting to see which one is the most popular in my gallery.
This card is an A7 (5x7) size and the designer paper is Tim Coffey Travel by K & Co.

Materials List
Card Stock-Glossy White, SU! Black, here again I have used some misc. stock that was gifted to me and I                       do not know the manufacturer.
Stamps- Inkadinkado 60-00558 Sandcastle
              Tattered Angels Seaside Coastal Breeze Stamp Set 2009
              Innovative Stamp Creations Marvels of Nature
              Stampscapes 068D Reeds Large
              Scrollswork 4514 Palm Fern
Inks- Black Stazon, SU! Old Olive, SU!, SU! Garden Green, SU! Bashful Blue, SU! Brocade Blue, SU! Brilliant Blue, Adirondack Lights Aqua, Adirondack Name This Color, SU! Creamy Caramel, SU! River Rock, SU! Mellow Moss, SU! Close to Cocoa, SU! Blush Blossom, SU! White Pigment Ink
Gel Pen- White Signo
SU! Really Red Marker
Punch- Martha Stewart Beach Shells Border 
Dies- Cuttlebug Shells and Nets
Ribbon- Hug Snug
 This also counts towards the 100 day Challenge and is the 58th and 59th cards.
I hope this was helpful. I was great fun writing this post twice. Not!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh my, Paula! I look at your beautifully colored (stunning!) cards and just drool!

Stacy Sheldon said...

the colors on these are just amazing Paula :)

MiamiKel said...

OH Paula, can you seriously teach a class so I can learn to color like you! your card reminds me of why I named my blog the Sandcastle Stamper! It evokes warm memories!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin