Thursday, February 13, 2014

Valentine Memories

When I was a child in school, my teachers would have craft projects for us to do for each holiday. This card reminds me of those Valentine projects. I wasn't sure where I was going with this design and it just evolved from the PSX stamped heart image. I guess I was channeling my mojo from those homemade Valentines.
I loved the way the inside turned out. I think nostalgia got the best of me.

Since I was pleased with the prototype, I made four in all and can add these to the 100 x 100 challenge pile. This makes 48 projects in 44 days.
Materials List
Card Stock- GP white, recollections red, recollections foil holographic hearts
Die Cuts- Heart Cuttlebug, Sizzix Tag Scallop, Spellbinders Fleur De Lis
Punch- Martha Stewart Vintage Floral
Stamps- PSX G-59, Studio g VC0004 series 27, Studio g VC0019 series 41
6" paper doilies from the dollar shop
Embossing Folder- Cuttlebug Kassies Brocade
Dimensional foam dots
Ink- SU! Real Red
This card is an A2 size and is pretty straight forward. I came up with the heart shape doily by cutting the dollies into quarters and then gluing three of the quarters together. I made a snip at the top and voila instant heart shape!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

This is beautiful both inside and out! Very sweet!

C Cruz said...

What a gorgeous valentine card. It looks so elegant!

Judy McMullen said...

Wow! Gorgeous Valentine' Day cards both inside and out!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin