Saturday, February 1, 2014

Wedding and Anniversary

I started out today by watching TV and checking to see if the January 'Iamroses' challenge winner had been posted.   I was pleasantly surprised to see that my candy jar had won! I couldn't hardly believe it! There  were so many other nice projects posted for the challenge. I can't wait to see what type of pretties they send me. I'm sure I will have a blast playing with the new flowers.
This afternoon was a glorious 57 degrees today so I went to the farm and worked in the greenhouses. It was wonderful to have a full day of sun and warmth. I was beginning to wonder if we would see our typical winter temperatures this season. The chickens were even happy to be outside. Now that I feel a bit refreshed, let me show you my latest project.
Here are six new cards I made for weddings and anniversaries. They are a lot like the cards I posted on January 11,2014. I used sequin ribbon on four of them to make a bow. It reminds me of the way paintings were hung during the Victorian era. Picture rail moulding was hung high on the wall and paintings were hung using braid or chain so that the plaster walls were left free of nail holes.
Now the silver scalloped card is not the expensive foil card stock that it look like. I'll let you in on a little secret. It's really a lid from a round foil take out container which I die cut with a Nestabilities die. Our local mom and pop Mexican restaurant uses them for carry out orders and I don't have the heart to throw them away. Into the craft room they go and I recycle them on projects. They make such a nice die cut since they are white on the other side.
 
The inside has plenty of room to write a personal note. A few cards have this inside sentiment and the rest say "Happy anniversary to a great pair of people who belong together. You are an inspiration to others who know and love you."
I have now posted 31 of 100 projects for the challenge and have plenty of other projects on the go! There is another mini scrapbook that is half finished along with some 3D items so stay tuned for those.

Paper- sei White Elegance Pearl Foil paper pad
            DCWV A Formal Affair Premium paper stack
Card Stock- Core'dinations Black Pearl heavy weight
                     Georgia Pacific White
Trims were purchased at a Jo-Ann fabric store

Photobucket

2 comments:

C Cruz said...

Oh, these are pretty. The background paper makes for a very fancy card set.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Very nice. The black/white color scheme is so elegant!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin