Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pop Up Garden

Hello everyone, I have an ahh project today. You know, the type of thing that you look at and say ahh as your blood pressure drops a few points! I always want to meander into this garden to see what's on the other side of the gate. In my mind, I think the gate leads down to the ocean or maybe into a small village.
Did you know that this is one of my favorite stamps from Our Daily Bread Designs Stamps?  I have never placed this image on my blog. I'm not sure why. Maybe I was always in too big of a hurry to snap a pic before mailing.

You already know how I love working with scenic stamps and the Stampscapes coloring technique. This technique makes amazing cards and it's so easy. The nice thing about scenic designs is that they are small pieces of art and don't need a lot of embellishments. I generally do some simple matting and let the art work shine. After I colored the image, I could just see this sitting on a friends desk at work so I incorporated it into this pop up design. The nice thing about this design is that a message can be incorporated on the back. This particular card was designed to fit into a 6 x 8.5 inch envelope.
Earlier this year, I told you that this would be the year of challenges for my paper crafts and I have joined in on many challenges already this year. In fact, back in January, I joined one of the Our Daily Bread Designs Blog Challenges. As you may have already guessed, I'll be placing this into the Anniversary Challenge #4 over on the Our Daily Bread Designs blog. If you have time, maybe you can join in the challenge too.
Feel free to  leave a comment and say hello!
Materials List
Stamps- Our Daily Bread Designs Path of Life
Card Stock- DCWV La Bella Rouge, SU! Black, GP white, SU! Glossy White
Inks- SU! Pretty in Pink, Brocade Blue, Ballet Blue, Brilliant Blue, Yo Yo Yellow, Certainly Celery, Glorious Green, Garden Green, Handsome Hunter, Mellow Moss, Old Olive, Always Artichoke.
Adirondack inks- Aqua, Name This Color, Juniper
Die Cuts- Spellbinders Fancy Tags, Tim Holtz On the Edge Ornate
Alcohol Markers- Copic-110, R29, R39, E33, E37, C3, C5, C7
                          Spectrum Noir- TN7, EB8, DG2, DG3, JG6, LV1, LV2, LV3, PP5
Bling- Prima
Photobucket

12 comments:

Sherrie Clark said...

Paula, your coloring is wonderful, saw this card this morning on pinterest and had to see the real thing on your blog. VERY beautiful!! Blessings, Sherrie

TLady said...

What an absolutely wonderful card! This is gorgeous! I love what you've done! :) AND I also wanted to let you know, that I look forward to seeing what you've made Jan Marie!:)See you soon!:)

Betty Schaub said...

Absolutely stunning. I have this stamp set and it has never looked this good when I create. You've blown me Away!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Paula!! This is absolutely gorgeous!! I just love your coloring of the scene and your design with the special fold and verse. GORGEOUS!!! Thanks for sharing your talent with us at ODBD Shining the Light challenge!!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Paula, what an amazing project! It's a work of art and so beautifully colored! I love the entire design, and I am SO glad you finally posted it! I can see why it's one of your favorite stamps! So glad you've joined us this week for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge! Hugs!

Linda Carson said...

Wow! What a stunning card! You've colored it to perfection and it does make me wonder what's behind that gate! Beautifully designed too! Thanks Paula for celebrating the 6th anniversary at ODBD!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my that is breathe taking, love how you have colored it, great display for it too, Wonderful creation!

Alshandra said...

This is soooo stunning Paula! I LOVE how you've coloured the image and the whole pop-up card is gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing this in the ODBD Shining the Light challenge. Elizabeth

JD/ Jill said...

This card is so pretty! And beauitully colored, I can see why it's a winner!

Mary Babet said...

Gorgeous card! I have this stamp & have been afraid to try it . You have given me inspiration. Your coloring is beautiful and just perfect. Congratulations!

Lkpt Dee said...

Love this card ... do you have the directions for the pop up card?
Thanks for the share love seeing your cardsDarlene

Papercrafting Princess said...

Wow, it's breathtaking!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin