Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Spring Floral Challenge-2014

Don't these little gift tags just beckon Spring? I love the bright and playful designs of the papers. It's such a simple project yet so gratifying when using up papers and flowers that I have had in my stash for such a long time. These measure 2 x 2 inches and are blank on the inside. Before I forget, the idea for these came from a gift tag that Stacy (JBgreendawn at SCS) sent me in a swap some time ago. All of the flowers except for the 3 pink/white, along with the 3 blue/white, were acquired through swaps. The squishy ones remind me of carnations and the red one is obviously a lovely rose (thanks Tammy).
Now let's talk about the six flowers that I made. Two of the pink/white flowers began life as a white circle which I cut down and formed into roses. I then sprayed them with my homemade glimmer spray. The third one was a pink crepe paper rose. I took two hydrangea petals  and glued them to the bottom of the flowers to create two toned daffodils. I was just playing around and it happened by accident. What a lovely accident it turned out to be! The blue/white are little prima flowers which I added to the center of the large daisy petals. They are just made up flowers and don't remind me of any flowers in real life but I like 'em! 
I'm now up to 97 of 100 projects but I have plenty more to show you! I think I have over  150 items made for 100 in 100 challenge. Yay me!
Now I have a challenge to issue to all of you! I'm calling it theSpring Floral Challenge.  Make a project with flowers on it to welcome Spring and link it at the end of this post and we can all enjoy a bit of spring!
Materials List
Card stock- GP white
Papers- Misc scraps in the scrap room
Mulberry petals- iamroses.com

Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin