Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Stampscapes Style Background with A Child's Year Cricut Image

Puppy love is the  name for this LOVEFEST challenge over at Splitcoaststampers.There are so many different types of greeting cards that come in all shapes/sizes and the LOVEFEST challenges brought the house down with creativity. I really enjoyed looking at the projects and participating in the fun.  I didn't have any stamped imgages with a puppy or a cute critter and wasn't sure I could come up wiith something reasonable for this challenge until I looked at my Cricut™ cartridges. There it was on 'A Child's Year' cartridge, a perfect image to use for the challenge and who could resist giving or receiving this adorable image? I think I cut the image at 5.25 inches wide. Then I removed the turtle which was touching her front foot and added in a few more blades of grass where the turtle once stood. You'll see what I mean when you compare the original image to this one. I then took a 4.5 x 5.75 piece of glossy card stock and created the background using Kevin Nakagawa's stampscapes technique using a Colorbox Stylus Tool. I added a few wispy clouds using white pigment ink and a cotton swab. I drew the birds with a black Sharpie marker. With this silhouette image I thought some deep tones would work well and feel like the sun was just setting. Maybe this little girl is on her way in for dinner. It's fun to think up a scenario for the cards!
Voila! A card isquickly born! At least for me this was quick. It took less than an hour to create an A7 card. I used designer paper from the Paper Studio Rue De Fleur stack from Hobby Lobby. The baker's twine is royal blue and white from Amercan Crafts. Next time I use a sihlouette on a background like this, I will add some stampscapes images to make it an even better composition. If you like the stampscapes style, check out these other posts. Thanks for stopping by!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! Love the sky on this beautiful silhouette card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin