Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Charmng Teacup


Good morning! I thought I would share this card today because of the bright spring colors that I used and since this is Easter week! Purple and spring equate Easter in my mind.  Several weeks ago I pulled out my Our Daily Bread Design stamps and made a few projects. This was a brand new teacup stamp that I purchases with my Christmas gift certificates back in January but I couldn't use it until I had completed my 100 day challenge over on Splitcoaststampers. Playing with new stamps was my reward!
I know it looks like I used a large die cut on the front of this but that isn't exactly true. I pieced together a square spellbinders die with a border punch to get this faux rectangle die cut.
On the insde, you can get a better look at the Martha Stewart border punch that I used on the faux rectangle. The dark purple card stock is SU! Elegant Eggplant. I used designer paper from Pink Paisley and Prima to decorate the interior of the this project. If you need more details about this project, just contact me. I forgot to write things down as I was creating but I should be able to hunt down the information if needed.
I haven't stamped a sentiment on the inside yet. I think this would make a wonderful friendship, thinking of you or birthday card. I'm leaning towards birthday but Mother's day just popped into my head too! In any event, I'll be giving this to someone special in the near future!
I'm off to drool at some watercolor images! It's been a while since I have pulled out my watercolor supplies and it's high time I play with them. Have a fun filled crafty day and leave a comment if you stop by. I'm always happy to hear from you!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Another beautiful card- loving the faux die cut- so pretty- and I love the purples! The tea cup is fabulous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin