Friday, April 18, 2014

Cross of Christ Easter Decor

 My previous post was the Color Challenge 474 at Splitcoast Stampers. I like this color combo so much that I decided to create another project. I was inspired by this card that Grace created. So , I am combining another color challenge with the ODBDSLC198 He is Risen with Pastels challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs.
 I decided to make this 5x7 piece and frame it as an Easter decoration. I already had this frame on hand and have had it for several years. I hand colored the flowers using SU! pretty in pink reinker and Tim Holtz Victorian Velvet Distress Reinker.
There is dimensional foam between the two sets of ovals, between the oval and large cross and again between the large cross and the pink cross.
The large cross was created on my cricut using a basic T shape and an I shape that have been welded together.
Materials List
Stamp- Our Daily Bread Designs Cross of Christ Stamp Set or the Single Stamp called Cross with                     Vines
Ink- SU! Regal Rose, SU! Sage Shadow Pigment, SU! Pretty In Pink
CS-  SU! Pink Pirouette, SU! Very Vanilla, Light Green from Card Stock Warehouse
Designer Paper- Anna Griffin 2001 Pink Toille
Dies- QuickKutz Nesting Doily Die, Justrite Vintage Labels
Flowers- Iamroses Cherry blossoms, Lilly, roses
Pearls by recollections
Diamond Dust on tips of some blossoms
Dimensional Foam
Cricut Letters came from the Cricut Craft Room Basic Shapes which is free and part of the basic software.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh Paula, what a gorgeous piece of Art and such a wonderful reminder to look at!! Love the inspiration you took from Grace's creation!! Your double framing, the cross, and the banner with all the dimension and the stunning frame is gorgeous!!
hugs,
Chris

Shelly Schmidt said...

Amazing- I think this is just beautiful done in a frame like this! Love the gorgeous die cuts and the beautiful flowers- WOW!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! This is gorgeous!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin