Friday, April 11, 2014

Mightier Than Thunder


Hello crafters! Today I have an image which I colored several months ago when I was practicing coloring with alcohol markers. When I saw the ODBD challenge for this week, I quickly pulled out this image and made this card. I also added glossy accents on the water for a bit of shimmer. For some reason, I highlighted the things on the beach and neglected to highlight the water. I realized what I had done after I started adding the glossy accents. I guess next time I will have enough sense to remember! LOL! ,In any event, it still turned out to be a nice card.

I used burlap from the DCWV 6x6 Burlap stack and fringed the edge. This card measures 5 6/8 x 5 6/8 inches.


You may join in the challenge here and you have until Sunday to upload your project.
Materials List
Canson 96# Bristol Paper
CS-Beckett Expression Pure Radiance White, SU! Taken With Teal, DCWV Burlap,  SU! Black, Pink Paisley DP
Stamps- Our Daily Bread Designs The Mighty Sea
Memento Tux Black Ink
Spectrum Noir Markers
White Acrylic Paint
Glossy Accents
Dimensional Foam
Photobucket

9 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Paula! This is breathtaking, and I LOVE how you've colored this magnificent ocean scene! (I just had to be sure to pin this one...back now!) I absolutely love your composition using the burlap and beautiful aqua colors. The sea and sand are so gorgeous, and what a perfect setting for this amazing verse from Psalms! I am SO glad you've joined us this week for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge! Hugs, sweet friend!

Becky said...

Beautiful job on this challenge. Great coloring of this image.

Linda Carson said...

Paula, this is one gorgeous card! It's beautifully colored (no matter what you say..) and the burlap texture makes it stand out that much more! Great job! Thanks for creating with us this week at ODBD!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Paula!! What a gorgeous card!! I so love your coloring of the ocean theme and all the texture you added with the burlap. Stunning work of art. It would look beautiful in a frame!! Thanks for sharing with us at ODBD this week!!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Sue, this card is AMAZING! Love your coloring of the image - of course! I drool over your coloring all the time! But the burlap and the design of the card... everything is just GORGEOUS!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oops... I think I called you the wrong name. I'm so silly! I know who you are, just messed up. Love your card, Paula!!!

Alshandra said...

Gorgeous card Paula! Love the colour combination and the burlap that you've added! Thanks for joining us in the ODBD Shining the Light challenge. Elizabeth

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Paula, and congratulations for this card's being the Color Challenge Favorite at Splitcoaststampers this week! It's clear why it was chosen! Stunning! Hugs!

TLady said...

Congratulations Paula! I think you are on a roll! LOL Beautiful card!!!! Very deserving of the win!!!:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin