Friday, April 25, 2014

The Easter Tree Crosses


These crosses were made for my Easter tree. The large ones are styrofoam and I have used glue and straight pins to attach the beads, trims and sequins. The center of this particular cross is made with a vintage blingy button which belonged to my husband's grandmother.
 These smaller crosses are paper mache that I painted and then added silver Viva Gold paste to looks like metal. I used half pearls and a tiny pearl strand for decoration.I used some pearl and bling medallions from the wedding section at Hobby Lobby for the center.
 I didn't need to purchase many items to make these since I had so much already in my stash. I purhcased the styrofoam crosses after Christmas one year several years back and the same goes for the paper mache pieces too!

I like these on the tree to break up the egg shape and add extra interest. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Thanks for joining me today!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love the gorgeous crosses- would love to see the tree too! Love the pearl cross and the beautiful shimmery silver ones too. You just saved a jar of Inka Gold- used it a while ago and just realized I did not screw the top back on......

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin