Thursday, April 17, 2014

Tulip Watercolor Card


Hello crafty friends! Today's card was made for the SCS Color Sketch Challenge 474-Very Pink Pudding. The soft pinks and greens have always been my favorites. They are the accent colors of my craft room. Just look at these pin cushions and decorative jar projects that I have decorated. The real challenge for this project wasn't the color combo but the no stamping twist. I picked up a couple of tulip images on the Internet and merged them. Then I made a few slight changes of my own and then traced the image onto watercolor paper. Keep in mind that I have not water colored anything in several yrs. I threw away the first two images because I had too many mistakes. This tulip blossom has several mistakes but I kept it because I wasted too much time learning how to watercolor again. It will do for a card front but not as framed art. I had intended on this 5x7 inch card to be placed in a frame later on.  The idea was that I could give the card away along with a 5x7 frame. The recipient can then remove the glass and insert this ready to go art as a decorative piece. Oh well! I guess I better practice some more.

The laces on this piece came from my husband's grandmother's stash of sewing supplies and they are vintage. The leaves are made from an art paste. I made them several years ago by tinting the paste and then piping out the leaves with cake decorating tips. The paste dries hard but will break if a lot of pressure is placed on them. They are similar to plaster.
Materials List
Card Stock- SU! Pink Pirouette, Card stock warehouse green, 140# Strathmore watercolor paper, 96# bristol paper by Canson
ink- SU! Sage Shadow Pigment
Watercolor Pencils- SU! pink, dark green and pale green,  Derwent Burnt Carmine 65
Dies- Cuttlebug Emboss Plus Brocade Window, Tim Holtz Styled Labels
Punches- Martha Stewart Deep Floral Vine, ek success Wide Border Fern
Pearls from Recollections
Handmade Leaves
Vintage Lace

Thanks for stopping by and feel free to leave a comment!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Paula, this is so frilly and beautiful! Lovely!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- this is amazing! Love the pretty colors and all of the fab dies and the ribbon!

Diane said...

What an elegant design.

Hugs Diane

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin