Friday, May 9, 2014

I'm Redeemed!

Today is the Carriers of Faith blog hop for the month of May. Kelly is our hostess and we have a special guest with us today. Please welcome Maxine from Kiwime's Kreation. She is the third of nine stops to make on the hop. Please follow along in order and pick up a letter along each stop to see what our special word for the day might be. On the last stop, you will find out how to become eligible for a prize. Stick with me to the end of the post and I will tell you how this card and the following scripture have a commonality.


Here is our scripture and challenge in Kelly's own words:

Scripture: "Let the redeemed of the Lord tell their story—

those he redeemed from the hand of the foe..." ~ Psalm 107:2NIV


This is one of my favorite times of year, celebrating this time of Christ's resurrection! On Easter morning when the tomb was empty, the gift to all of us was the assurance that we will live again and be given eternally glory. As Christians, of course, we hope to know Christ and accept him as our Savior and share the gospel with friends, family, those we fellowship with. Truly when God died on that cross for you, for me, for all of us, he paid the price for us to worship at his feet and redeem ourselves. On this hop today, we all unite to share our creations with you as well as a letter on each stop of the way. Please remember the letter on your host's blog and at the end ( Kelly ) will ask you to write the word from all the letters in order! What's more fun, there is a prize for one lucky winner which will be given at random from all those leaving the Guess the Word comment! ♥ Blessings to each of you! ♥

Challenge: This month, create a card/project/scrapbook page/picture based on the scripture above and what the meaning you pull from that is. Tell us your story! What speaks to your heart? What gifts do you have that you give to others as part of a fellowship - do you read, pray, write, create, walk, sing? There are so many parts in each of us ~ what part of your story are you sharing with others? As an added bonus but not required!! Please use the color GREEN {my VERY favorite color!}somewhere on your card to represent newness, growth, the blossoming of nature around us and the blooming friendships we have!



I have a lot of things that I could share with you today! In fact, I have had trouble deciding which things to share because there are so many choices. First I want to talk about this scripture and the meaning of it. The KJV of this verse says " Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;".  When I read this version, it seems simplified. If you have been redeemed (saved) by God then tell people. Has he saved you from an enemy? Did you tell others?

When I read the NIV version, I think a little more along the lines of this challenge. I share myself and fellowship with others by doing the following things.
1. I write this blog to share ideas and creativity with others- My blog allows me to fellowship with the other Christians and the wonderful gals from the Carriers of Faith Blog Group. 
2. I create all sorts of craft projects- My craftiness had led to inviting others to my home for a creative day and that is always a fun way to fellowship!
3. I cook and enjoy sharing recipes-  my love of cooking has allowed me to cook Wednesday night supper at church and today I help prepare a meal for our church college students once a month. It's always fun to catch up with my cooking partner and the couple who minister to our students. The students are always grateful to have a home cooked meal and it's nice to interact with them.
4. I design and implement gardens- This allows me to fellowship with other gardening friends or friends from church who want a nice garden and haven't a clue how to go about it. I have a friend who spent many hours gardening with her spouse and when he passed away, I was able to give her some plants and spend time with her by playing in her garden as she dealt with that loss.
5. I create floral designs and bouquets-  My floral design comes in handy when I want fresh flowers for someone who is ill. I'm able to make something nice without spending a ton at the florist shop. In the spring and summer, I often cut fresh flowers and foliage from my garden and make it look like it came from a florist shop!
6. I like interior design- Sometimes I'm called into action to go to a friends house and help her paint or decorate a room. When my daughter left for college, I helped her set up her dorm room so that it was pretty and functional. We had to use every ounce of space in those tiny quarters. At present, I am helping my daughter
design and decorate her apartment that she will move into later in the summer. We are getting things sketched out on paper so move in day will be easy.  It has been great fun collecting items that she will need.

One other thing comes to mind about this verse is a wonderful song! I hope you enjoy the video! 


My card today deals with number four since gardening is at the forefront of my mind. You see, I have been busy in my own garden with weeding, designing and adding new things to my garden. This card reminds me of the time I spent with my friend after her spouse passed away and to cherish those special friends who share a love of gardening with me! This card measures 5x7 inches and I uses The Good Seed stamp set from ODBD. Paper and card stock is SU!, bazzil and Rue De Fleur from Hobby Lobby. the paper roses are by iamroses.
I am also entering this for the way to use it challenge at splitcoast. My birth month flower is the rose and pearl is the stone.  WT478 

that's about all I have for you today, I want to thank you for stopping by! If you haven't made the rounds yet, please start at the beginning with Barb.  I have the letter E. Jeanette is next on the hop but her post isn"t up yet. Her Letter is M. Go next to Zella's blog to continue the hop.

Photobucket

10 comments:

Barb said...

Your card is wonderful! It seems a few of us have a gardening theme this month! Great Colors and a sweet image too!

MiamiKel said...

OH Paula, your post today touches my heart!! So much of your poignant words that you shared are ones we need to hear daily - yes! What a beautiful card as well, one that is just so lovely and serene ~ truly the gift we give ourselves is enjoying the beauty all around us!

It's been a blessing to have you in the COF and I love the fellowship you share with us - blessings, sister in Christ!

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty card...and great post!

Maxine D said...

What a beautiful card Paula, and what a wonderful testimony - seems as though gardens are very common among us :-). The secret when we share our talents is the joy we receive in doing so, as well as blessing others.
Blessings
Maxine

Shelly Schmidt said...

First- what a gorgeous card! Your coloring is just fantastic- love how you made the red's pop off the page! And I enjoy hearing about your love and talent with gardening, and how you share so much with others! Bless you!

Irish Cherokee said...

Beautifully colored image Paula. great card and color.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Very nice! Great layers!

Carol W said...

What a pretty card and beautiful post. It is so much fun to read your posts and drool over your beautifully created cards. (We must have the same birth month...)
It is a blessing getting to know you....

:: BlueInks :: said...

What a pretty card! The details are amazing. The shape of the die cut lends to the image. Well done!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh my goodness! This card is absolutely gorgeous inside and out! And what a perfect bow. You are amazing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin