Sunday, May 4, 2014

Sing and Make Music

Spring time is in full swing as I return from visiting family and picking up my daughter from college for her summer break! I wasn't sure if I would even do any paper crafting this week. I couldn't stand it and had to create something! I Hopped over to the Our Daily Bread Designs blog and onto Splitcoaststampers to combine two challenges into one.
 The colors were inspired by the Color Challenge 476. I did add a light pink 5x7 inch card base to make this card pop and also to brighten the muted spring tones. I left the inside white and added the left over strip of 6x6 paper that I used on the front.
 The challenge at ODBD was to use spring colors and ODBD stamps. You can read more about the ODBDSLC 200 here. I kept things simple and easy to mail via parcel post. I know that simple isn't exactly the norm for me and it turned out elegant just the same by using trim, custom colored mulberry flowers and a few dimensional foam dots.  The one thing that is a bit different is the use of the ODBD Fancy Foliage die to cut a negative into the floral paper as well as using positive cuts along the sides. I then took a marker to place vein lines.

Materials List
Stamps- ODBD Sing to The Lord
Paper- ODBD 6x6 Blooming Garden Pad
Card Stock- White GP, SU! Old Olive, SU! Mellow Moss, SU! Pink Pirouette
Ink- Brilliance Graphite Black, SU! Old Olive, TH Victorian Velvet
Dies are ODBD and made by Spellbinders- ODBD Fancy Foilage, ODBD Vintage Flourish Pattern
Mulberry Flowers- iamroses
Dimensional Dots
Trim-Hobby Lobby Wedding Ribbon #884981
White Pearl Liquid Pearls and Studio g yellow glitter glue

Feel free to leave a comment or ask a question. Thanks for visiting my blog and come back often as I share my love of crafts!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Paula!! I just love the designer paper, your use of dies, and the added flowers!! Gorgeous details and verse!! Thanks for joining us at ODBD this week!!

Anonymous said...

This is GORGEOUS!!
Did you create the background paper?
It is breathtaking.
Thanks for creating & sharing this.
mary l.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin