Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Black and White Anniversary

This design makes the perfect anniversary card and even a wonderful wedding card too! It's a large 5x7 inch card with layers that scream "I'm a premium luxurious card"! I have used the Vintage Flourish Pattern Die from Our Daily Bread Designs to surround the I Corinthians stamp which I stamped on parchment paper. This die is a bit too small to overlay over the stamp so I did a bit of surgery on the die cut to make it work.  I cut it vertically to open it up and make it wider and I am pleased with the result.  You can see that I used the smallest die to insert at both the top and bottom.  This gave me the extra width I needed and also added a decorative element. I then backed this piece with white card stock and popped it up off the card using dimennsional foam.
I used the Lattice paper from the Chalkboard Collection paper pad behind the verse to add depth and interest to the card. Behind that I used a textured and pearlized black card stock which adds elegance and works as the perfect backdrop for the white fabric flowers.
Here I have used parchment paper and the Fancy Foliage Die for the leaves and swirls. I made two die cuts and cut them apart to get this design. I added white veins on the leaves using thinned down acrylic white paint and a calligraphy nib. Things still didn't suit me, so I added glitter glue to the swirls and it catches the light very well and adds a bit more elegance.  
This view shows a bit of the inside and you can see that I used the Crocheted Border Die to create the edge on the white card stock. Choosing a sentiment for the inside will dictate the difference between a wedding and an anniversary card. For now I will leave it blank until I need an appropriate card.
Photobucket

4 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Paula, this is stunning! I really love how you've use the Vintage Flourish Pattern die to showcase the beautiful Love Chapter. And I love the extra photo showing the bottom...so lovely! And it's beautifully finished inside too, which i love to do too! Thanks so much for sharing another beauty with us! Hugs, sweet friend!

Becky said...

wow Paula, this is another stunning card. I love how you used the vintage flourish. Love black and white, always looks so elegant.

Grace said...

Paula this is sooo beautiful and so clever of you to open up the vintage flourish die to accomodate the Scripture! Beautiful details... elegance for sure!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wowza!!! Just gorgeous Paula! Love to see all of the fantastic drtails...!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin