Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Bottle of Prayers Slider Card


 Welcome to the  second week of guest designing for Our Daily Bread Designs! I have created a slider card with a gift card pocket. I often think about friends who are dealing with difficult situations and need my prayers.  Sometimes I would like to send them something to let them know how important they are and that I am thinking about them. It's silly to pay so much postage for a small gift so I thought it would be fun just to send a gift card. Send the friend on a mini shopping spree for their favorite bath products or to pick up a little something for their favorite hobby!I consider this a long distance pick me up!
I stamped the Jar on acetate with black Stazon ink and die cut it. The coloring was actually done on white card, die cut and backed on the acetate.  The coloring was done using alcohol markers and Inka Gold metallic rub. The rub makes the jar lid look very realistic.   I applied Tack it Over and Over glue to the jar lid and adhered the two pieces together. This glue will dry clear and does a great job at keeping the acetate adhered to the project without seeing the adhesive. Working with wet glue is the key.
 This photo shows the card open about three quarters of the way. I ran out of phtography/lighting space and wasn't able to capture a photo with it extended all of the way. As my luck would have it, the weather didn't cooperate either for taking this outdoors for a shot. In any case, you can see what I did for each slide out section.
This card was also made for the Splitcoaststampers Inspiration challenge IC444.  We were to use the Bassett Furniture website for our inspiration and I found mine on the main page where there is a picture of different colors of padded headboards.  My designer paper contains 3 of those five colors. I tried adding the lavender by changing out the green background but I liked the green better.                     

I used the ODBD Blooming Garden Paper Collection, Antique Labels and Borders dies, Canning Jar dies, Joy in a Jar Stamp set, Blue Ribbon Winner Stamp Set and Lift Up Our Hands stamp set. You may find all of these items at ODBD. Join me next Wednesday for another ODBD project!

 Thanks for stopping by!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Paula, this card is gorgeous!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Paula, I'm so delighted to see another special card you've made as Guest Designer this month for ODBD! It's gorgeous and so clever, and I LOVE the papers you've used to make a fabulous slider card! Another beauty, sweet friend! Hugs!

Pamela Haskin said...

Hi Paula, I just came over from ODBD to see how you made your card. I just love it! I especially like the idea of sending a gift card pick-me-up. I'm going to use that idea. Thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin