Monday, June 9, 2014

Celebrate the Men



I'm the hostess this month for the Carriers of Faith blog group over at Splitcoaststampers. Here is the challenge I gave the gals.

Challenge: I want you to create a card or gift for your father or a male figure who has been influential in your Christian life. Create multiple projects if you wish for more than one of those special men.
2. Give the project to that man or men that you hold dear to you. Celebrate these people on or before Father's Day!
3. Use any scripture you like on your project. Just make sure the scripture has a prominent place somewhere on your project and share a pic where you used the scripture.
4. Tell us why you chose this person or persons and how they played a part in your walk with Christ.
5. Explain why you chose a particular scripture on your project.

When I issued this challenge, I was thinking about making a card for my Dad but things changed a few weeks ago and I made this card for my husband instead.  His Mother passed away suddenly and he has had a lot to deal with. There is much to be done with the handling of the estate and he is a bit weary and worn right now.


I created this simple card and included one of his favorite verses as he works through the grief. I think Psalm 121:1-2 is an appropriate scripture at this time. I had intended on writing more for this post but the time away for the memorial service left me little time to create a project. I hope you will forgive me and I hope the COF challenge next month leaves me with more time and creativity. 

If you would like to check out the projects from the other COF members, just click on one of the gals from the group posted on my side bar. Wer'e not doing an actual hop this month. Thanks for stopping by and visiting!

Materials on the front of the card can be found at Our Daily Bread Designs and the verse on the inside came from Verve.
Photobucket

4 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Paula, I think your card is very striking - love the colors! I can imagine how difficult these past two weeks have been for your husband... and for you, too. (((HUGS)))

BTW, I loved your theme!

Barb said...

I really like your card Paula--and I am sure you husband will love it too.

Thanks for a great challenge this month!

MiamiKel said...

Paula, thank you for your wonderful challenge to give us some room to find a favorite! Your card is so elegant! Sometimes simple yet striking is all you need and this one is all that and more. Blessings to you and the journey that both left behind and lays ahead ♥

Shelly Schmidt said...

Just beautiful! I LOVE the front of the card- elegant and classy-but the inside and the scripture are fabulous! I am so sorry you and your husband are facing the loss of his MOM. Bless you both! I love the Psalms : ) Thanks for a wonderful challenge!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin