Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Stone Blessings

Hello crafty friends! I'm delighted to be the guest designer, for the month of June, over on the Our Daily Bread Designs blog! It's been a pleasure working intensively with their stamps, dies and paper pads the last few months. I'll be posting ODBD projects each Wednesday this month and maybe a few more in between! This first project measures 9x4 inches and uses a standard business envelope for mailing. It features 'The Mighty Sea',  'Count the Waves' and the 'Scripture Collection 3' stamp sets.  I have stamped the images on glossy card stock and colored the scene using dye based inks and a colorbox stylus tool. As a finishing touch I added white acrylic paint for the frothy water. You may notice that the words are just a bit smudged and uneaven. I did this on purpose because I was thinking about writing on the beach in real life. It's never perfect because the wind and water quickly change what I have scribbled. I actually had to stamp this scene several times before I got the lettering to do this. That's just my luck since I usually need to stamp multiple times before I get the image perfect enough. LOL!

 So often we think of using these outdoor scenes for masculine cards and I thought why not dress it up a bit for a female. I used the firefly paper from the Blooming Gardens collection and the lacey border from the Chalkboard Collection designer papers to assemble the front.
The inside sports some more firelfly paper and a verse of strength and encouragement from the Scripture collection 3 stamp set. If you are off to the beach this summer, you might think about this card and be reminded of God's words in Joshua as you contemplate the mighty strength of our God! Have a blessed summer!
Photobucket

3 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Paula, congratulations on being ODBD's Guest Designer for the month of June! This is a stunning card with beautiful coloring and design! I love the beautiful scene you've designed and also love the dies against the black! Exquisite...and I can't wait to see what you have for us next week! Hugs, sweet friend!

Sarah Stainback said...

Glad you are joining the OBDB team. I like your card very much. Have signed up to receive your blog via email. Perhaps you would like to look at mine and do the same.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Wonderful card Paula. Thanks for sharing it at ODB. Look forward to seeing your other creations. Every blessing of the Lord. Shaz in Oz x.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin