Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Window of Nature

Welcome back to the last week of guest designing at Our Daily Bread Designs!  I've had great fun playing with their wonderful stamps, dies and papers!  I have several more ideas sketched out for other ODBD projects and I hope to implement those in the near future. I have more ideas than time at the moment!  My new puppy takes up a lot of my time as I teach and train him how to be a great addition to the family.

My design today has been kicking around in my head for the last several months. It came to me after I did the Pop Up Garden Card back in March. I have just expounded on the idea of being able the change out the scene according to the season or my particular mood. I have used the window die and made a box that attaches to the back of the die cut. This box houses all of the stamped scenes.

I then added flowers to dress things up a bit and added the sentiment from the Scripture Collection 3 stamp set. You can see that I cut apart the smallest die cut from the Vintage Flourish Pattern die set as a decorative element to the sentiment. The center rose is one I made from ribbon and the white flowers are all made of clay. I found them in the bridal section of my craft store. The smaller ribbon roses came from a craft store and have been in my stash for many years. Some of the leaves are silk and came with the clay flowers and some of them are paper. I made these with the Fancy Foliage Dies.

 This scene was very easy. I wanted to show you a simple way to color on glossy card stock with water based markers. No fancy sponging of ink here but I did layer on colors for the sky and the light. You can see that my pop up box is smaller for this project. It's 3/4" high x 4 1/2" wide x 3" deep.  I used a piece of designer paper from the Christian Faith Collection to decorate the box. The lavender paper has some yellow in it and pairs nicely with the yellow flowers and yellow in each stamped image. These pictures don't really pick that up but in real life, it goes well together.
In this photo you can see that I have mounted my images two different ways. The pond scene is mounted on 80# black card stock and I left the bottom open to write a message or sentiment. The lightouse image is mounted on black card also but I covered the entire card with the image. The ODBD stamp sets used for the main images are....
Keep My Lamp Burning
Pond Single
The Mighty Sea
Adding an image of Garden Path would be a great addition to this trio.

I can see giving this as part of a house warming gift, to someone in a nursing home/hospital or just to decorate a bookcase. I think a beach themed Pop Up card would be nice. It could be decorated with tiny shells and sea glass instead of flowers. Stamped images from the Pond, Keep Climbing and Quiet Waters would look great decorated with twigs, moss and woodland flowers. How about using Garden Path, Bicycle and Butterfly Path for a garden themed card? There are all sorts of things you could do with this idea and change the theme around.
I hope this sparks your creativity! If you make one of these, let me know. I would love to see what you come up with!  I know that you may have questions about how this was made so I will add a video and explain a few things in my next post. Until then, have a great day!
Photobucket

5 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Paula, this is an amazing design, and each scene is absolutely stunning! Yes, what a cherished gift this will make! I love your design and creativity! You have certainly blessed us with the gifts God has given you, and thank you for sharing them with us. Looking forward to more wonderful ideas on your blog soon! It's been a joy to have you as Guest Designer for June! What a blessing! Hugs, sweet friend!

Becky said...

wow Paula, these are just gorgeous.

Grace said...

Paula this is so cleverly done! I love the pop up design, and I rea lly love how you made changeable scenes for it! Beautiful coloring!!!

SarahGeorge said...

Hello Paula!
This is wonderfully done! Yes, I would like to know how you made it. A video will be very useful, if you can please. It's great knowing you :).
Hugs
Sarah.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- beautiful projects! Your colors are so vibrant and the scenes are amazing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin