Thursday, July 10, 2014

ODBD Vintage Red, White and Blue

Today I have a red, white and blue card that is reminiscent of  the Victorian era. It would make a wonderful invitation for a party or even a family reunion! It is made entirely from Our Daily Bread Designs stamps and Dies and it's so easy to make! Since it's red, white and blue, I'll be linking it to the ODBD blog for the Shining Light Challenge 209.
I started with a red card base and then made a blue mat for the Vintage Flourish Pattern Die. I cut the die using glossy white paper and then made a  red center mat with the Vintage Labels Die. I assembled the ribbon by stamping with the Pennants stamp set and popping the Fourth of July sentiment off the page with dimensional dots. Next came the layers using the Vintage Labels Die and Antique Labels and Border Die. I added a red edge with a marker and the white line with a gel pen. For the banner, I used dimensional dots to attach it to the card. Next came a bit of red twine to help hide the dimensional dots across the top of the banner and two small bows at each end finishes it off.
Here are the items from ODBD that I used on this card:



Photobucket

2 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Paula, this is absolutely stunning! It's so crisp and beautifully designed using the new banners and pennants! Gorgeous card for this week's ODBD Shining the Light challenge! Thanks for joining in to support us this week! Hugs!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I am so honored to be able to come here and comment on one of your first creations as one of my dt sisters at ODDB!! This is such a creative and beautiful design!! I love the ribbon you created with the banners and your use of dies. Beautiful!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us and supporting the Challenge team. We so appreciate it!!
hugs,
Chris

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin