Good morning everyone, if you are here for the Carriers of Faith monthly challenge, then please scroll down to the next post below. This post is about SweetStamps and their weekly blog Challenge. Each Tuesday they post a new challenge and the talented folks over there have invited me to fill the August guest designer slot for the next few weeks. I happily accepted their invitation and I will be posting my version of the weekly challenge each Saturday during this month. The current challenge 181 is Bling. You already know how much I like to add sparkle and glitter to my projects so this challenge is easy peasy!
For this challenge, I took the SweetStamps 566F -Elizabeth and 443G-Boots and Gloves duo stamps to make this feminine card. Don't you just love these vintage stamps? Let's start with the A7 card base and work our way out from there. I chose this pretty mint green designer card stock from the DCWV Luxury stack and trimmed it to 10 x 7 inches and folded it in half along the 10 inch length.
I used a beautiful piece of pearl foil paper from the SEI White Elegance stack because it has this wonderful tone on tone print and adds to the texture of the embossing. You can see that I added a bit of bling to the pattern. You can also see the peach and coral card stock that I used as a background for mounting the main image.
Here you can see a close up of the main image. I used black memento ink to stamp Elizabeth onto heavy white vellum. I turned the image to the back and colored her with colored pencils using the Gamsol technique. I didn't add a lot of shading because it is difficult to see it through the vellum. If you look closely, you can see shading on the umbrella as well as a few other places. I fussy cut the image and added a bit of glitter glue. If you are interested in how I affixed this image to the card stock, then check out my SweetStamps post. The glue is hiding under the hair, waist ruffle and bottom ruffle. My post today at SweetStamps can be found here so feel free to cruise on over and check it out! I added the main image to the frame and thought I was finished. I was trying to make a card that would mail easily but I just couldn't stand it and had to add some extras. I glued several sets of lace flower petals together and added bling to the center. A few swirls of bling and leaves finished out the front. The leaves were cut using my Cricut machine and then I turned my attention to the inside of the card.
Most of my cards have several layers on the front and this makes the card heavy on the front and light on the back. It doesn't feel right and isn't balanced well so I add some layers to the inside. This helps even things out. It also makes the card more substantial and luxurious. I don't think it takes a lot of time or costs much but it is well worth the added effort. I cut a rectangle of the same paper I used as the card base and affixed it to the inside. I cut a second rectangle about the same size as the first out of the pearl paper that I also used on the front. I took my Martha Stewart Floral Vine border punch and used it along the top and bottom. I glued it down with my ATG gun and called it a day. When I am ready to use the card, I can stamp a sentiment onto the pearl paper or add another die cut layer with a sentiment as I did on this card.
I'm also combining this with Julie's Dare To Get Dirty challenge DTGD14justwritedesigns at Splitcoaststampers If you want to find out about it, you'll have to go look for yourself because we can't spill the beans about the details of the challenge.
Thanks for joining me today and stop by again soon!