Sunday, August 24, 2014

Flip Flop Flower Card

I have a fun and whimsical card today that should bring a smile and brighten someone's day! I'll have to add a roll of Lifesaver candies when I give the card! 
 I have been kicking around this flip flop flower idea in my head for a few weeks and thought is was an original idea until Grace mentioned that she had seen the idea on Pinterest. Oh well! I made this card for the SCS Free 4 All Challenge  F4A235. 
I used a lot of Our Daily Bread Designs product on this and you can click the links in the materials list to find these items. I began by constructing my flower first. I took the left flip flop from the ODBD Walk With Jesus Stamp set and stamped it on white card stock with pink ink eleven times. Then I cut them out using the small die from the flip flop die set. I sponged the toe of the flip flop, used a stylus on the toe to add dimension, added bling to each one and glued them together. While I waited on the glue to dry, I cut out two of the small and one large aster with the ODBD Asters and Leaves Die. I also sponged these pieces. I thought the small asters needed something more so I glued them together and took the heal of the flip flop stamp and stamped the fish pattern. I then glued all of my flower layers together and added bling to the center.

I used a pink A2 card base and added the textured ocean pattern as a layer. When I placed the flower on the card, it reminded me of a water lily so I added a few leaves and swirly vines. I added the words to my large flip flops, sponged, blinged and glittered. I used thin dimensional foam on the shoes and affixed them to the card. At the very bottom I added a strip of border and topped it with a pearl and lace trim.
Materials List
Stamps- ODBD Walk with Jesus, ODBD My Lifeguard
Ink- SU! Pretty in Pink along with the matching marker to color the flip flop straps
Card Stock- White, SU! Pretty in Pink, SU! Certainly Celery, SU! Green Galore
Fiskars Ocean Texture Plate
Dies- ODBD Flip Flop, ODBD Fancy Foliage, ODBD Asters and Leaves, ODBD Beautiful Borders
Dimensional Foam
Bling
Glitter Glue
Trim from Hobby Lobby
Photobucket

1 comment:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What a great idea for a card... with the words on the sandals! Pretty, too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin