Sunday, August 3, 2014

Lighthouse and Anchor

Hello stampers, I combined two challenges into this card. The first challenge is for the ODBDSLC210 on the Our Daily Bread Designs Blog. The challenge is to incorporate sponging or stenciling so I sponged the lighthouse image and used my alcohol markers to color the anchor. The other challenge is for the Dare To Get Dirty event over on Splitcoaststampers. This is forDTGD14rainy challenge. If you want to know about this challenge, you will have to go check it out because we're not spilling the beans!!!
This is an A2 size and I used designer paper from the ODBD Christian Faith Collection which I simply mounted on black card stock and added bling to each corner.

I then stamped the lighthouse image from the Keep My Lamp Burning stamp set using black memento ink on smooth white cardstock. I sponged using SU!Soft Suede, Creamy Caramel, River Rock, Almost Amethyst, Blush Blossom, Ballet Blue, Bashful Bllue and Adirondack Lake Mist. I added a few details with markers and mounted it to black card stock. I placed dimensional foam on the back and mounted it to the designer paper.
I then started on the belly band by stamping the anchor from the new ODBD Anchor the Soul stamp set.
I colored the image with Spectrum Noir markers and added some highlights with a white gel pen. I placed Glossy Accents on the anchor and cut the image with the ODBD Custom Vintage Labels Die. I backed the die cut with black card stock. Then I added it to a one inch band and called it a day! I hope my Dad likes it because I will be giving it to him for his birthday card!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Linda Carson said...

Paula, Paula, Paula!! I adore this gorgeous card! You have some mad sponging skills! Love your creative design using both images and making the anchor in to a band! It's a real WOW!

Alshandra said...

I love your cards Paula - sorry I don't get to comment on them more often! I LOVE this card. Awesome colours and the belly band! What a great idea :-) Thanks so much for supporting us in the ODBD Shining the Light challenge sponging or stencils! Elizabeth

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful nautical card Paula!! I just love your deep rich colors and your combo of images!! Thanks so much for supporting the Shining the Light challenge!! I so appreciate the support of the team!!
hugs,
Chris

Shelly Schmidt said...

Paula- your Dad will love this!!! Dear me- the colors are just fabulous! Loving the band you created with the anchor as well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin