Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Ocean Anchor Storm

 I made this for a Dare to Get Dirty Challenge on Splitcoaststampers DTGD14wendybell.
 I used stamps from the Our Daily Bread Designs August release. I started by stamping My Lifeguard off to the right onto glossy card stock. Then I used the masking technique to stamp more ocean and beach from this same stamp as I worked across from right to left. Then I stamped the large anchor from Anchor the Sould to finish off the design. I also stamped some extra birds too! I used ink to color the sky and sand. Then I used water based markers to color the other parts of the design. I finished everything off with some highlights and a clear sealer.
I layered the image with black card stock and added a sentiment with a banner. I used thin foam dots to layer with. The anchor is actually stamped on the banner and again on the sentiment for a 3D effect. I stamped the Crocheted Border Die on the card base at the top and bottom and let just the edges peek out. This sort of has a shell look about it and I wanted to add just a bit of texture.

Materials List
Card Stock and Paper- Black, SU! Ballet Blue, Glossy CS, Smooth White, ODBD Christian Faith Collection
Stamps- ODBD My Life Guard, Anchor the Soul, ODBD Crocheted Border
Dies- ODBD Vintage Labels, ODBD Pennants
Ink- Adirondack Aqua, Lemonade, Name This Color
TH Distress ink Wild Honey, Tea Dye, Vintage Photo      
SU! Taken with Teal, Tempting Turquois, Bashful Blue, Creamy Caramel, Cameo Coral, Blush Blossom, White
SU! Markers- Going Gray, Basic Gray, Sahahra Sand, Creamy Caramel, Soft Suede, River Rock, Close to Cocoa, Certainly Celery, Cameo Coral, Summer Sun.
White Gel Pen
Clear spray sealer
Foam dots

I hope you like it! Thanks for stopping by!
Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin