Thursday, August 7, 2014

ODBD Anchor Scene Card

 Hello everyone, are you keeping busy with all of the Dare To Get Dirty Challenges over on Splitcoaststampers? I know that it is keeping me hopping in the craft room. I made this card for DTGD14Benzi challenge. If you want to know more about that challenge, you'll have to go over and find out for yourself because we can't spill the beans!

I have used the new ODBD Anchor the Soul and Walk with Jesus stamps along with The Mighty Sea Stamp Set. The first thing that I did was to create the elements on the card by stamping the Anchor stamp about midway on the card and then inked just the parts I wanted to use to create more water and another post. I added a few more starfish and shells before moving on to the Mighty Sea stamp. On this stamp I just used a section of the stamp to create bits of beach grass and texture on the sand. I then went to coloring in the images with my alcohol markers. When I started coloring the sky, it didn't turn out the way I planned so I just fussy cut the sky away. I began on the sky again with some glossy card stock to sponge in a sky with the sun. It turned out great so I set the finish and then applied it to the rest of the scene. I added some highlights with a white gel pen and added Glossy Accents to the water for a bit of shine. I stamped the sentiment and then affixed everything to black card stock and then to the front of the white card base. I stamped the flip flops from the Walk With Jesus stamp set and die cut them with the small flip flop dies instead of the large. The die lined up well to cut the smaller flip flops so that the straps hit the right spots when cutting them out.  I call that a two-fer!!! One stamp set works to cut two sizes of flip flops! I colored the flip flops, added purple bling and used dimensional foam to raise them off of the card a bit.
I hope you are able to join in the fun during the DTGD Challenge week!

Materials List
Stamps- ODBD Anchor the Soul, Walk with Jesus, The Mighty Sea
Dies- ODBD Custom Flip Flop Die
Inks- Adirondack Aqua, Lemonade and Name this Color.
         SU! Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue, Almost Amethyst, Cameo Coral, Only Orange, Perfect Plum,                    Elegant Eggplant.
Spectrum Noir Markers- EB1,2 - BT1,2,4,5 - BGR1,3 - CG3 - GG2 - DG2,4 - GB3,8 - BG2,4 - FS2,3
                                       CR1,2 - TN3 - LV1
Card Stock- Black, Glossy White, Beckett Expression pure radiance, 96# Bristol
Misc- Glossy Accents, Purple Bling, White Gel Pen, 1 inch circle punch for a sun stencil Color Box Sponging wand.
Thanks for stopping by!
Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin