Friday, August 1, 2014

ODBD August New Release




Welcome to the ODBD August release post. You can view these fabulous new stamp sets from Our Daily Bread Designs! They are just perfect for the hot days of summer! Now, before I get any further, I want to mention the blog hop and prizes.  The gals have created some beautiful and creative designs!
 Prize Information:
Three winners will be randomly chosen from the comments left on the designers blogs to receive a $15 Gift Certificate to the ODBD Store, to be used toward the purchase of ODBD Stamps found in the "stamps column" of the website.  You have until August 2, 2014 at 9:00 p.m. EDT to leave your comments!  The Winners will be posted on the ODBD Blog on August 3rd, so be sure to check back there to see if you won!  

My first card utilizes a Double Display card base and I must say that I really enjoy making this type of card! Anchor the Soul and My Lifeguard are new stamp sets that mix and match quite well together. I stamped the anchor on glossy card stock and went to work with dye based markers and inks. I die cut this using the elegant ovals die set and added dimensional foam dots. The background uses the fish paper from the Christian Faith collection. I filled some of the blocks with burlap and others with a shell designer paper. I stamped sentiments and anchors on light blue card stock with black memento ink and then used a wave patterned texture plate. Using the Pennants die, I cut the sentiments with the large fish tail die. I stamped some anchors onto four strips of burlap to add more texture and then raided my beach themed buttons, charms and chipboard. Here are the ODBD products I used:
CHRISTIAN FAITH COLLECTION 6x6 PAPER PAD 



This flip flop card is simple and fun! I stamped the flip flops on Fun Foam with Stazon ink and added a bit of bling! I then placed the flip flops on this die cut oval which I embossed with a wave pattern and inked with aqua colored ink. The decorative loops were made by hand with some hemp twine for texture.  A bit of burlap adds to the beach vibe and makes the perfect backdrop for the Walk with Jesus Pennant! I added a star fish button to finish things off.  Easy peasy!!! The ODBD products used:

Now it's time to check out the rest of the blog hop to see what my other Sister Bread Sticks have created. Leave comments and and maybe you will be a random winner!

Julie * Cathy * Paula(that's me) * Grace * Chris * Lori * Dawn * Sandee * Lisa * Angie * 
Sabrina * Wanda * Audrey * Silke

Thanks for stopping by today!

Photobucket

29 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

Love them both so much, Paula!!! The double display is packed full of gorgeous details...I love how you alternated the burlap with the ODBD designer paper and fabulous job on coloring the image too!! I absolutely adore the 2nd....the colors are amazing and I love the hemp frame....too clever!!! HUGS!!

Grace said...

Oh two gorgeous samples Paula! Love your double display card with all the many details you added! Your coloring is beautiful and I love the shells! Love your layout and the use of the pennants and burlap on the second! Love them both!
hugs,
Grace

Deb said...

I love the new August relase! Both of your cards are great. Love the detail on the anchor card.

Charlene Dahlberg said...

These cards are just wonderful. The anchor card has so many great details and the flip flops on fun foam is a super cute idea
Love them

Liz Williams said...

ODBD has come out with some great stamps for August and the DT has made use of them in their finest and most talented ways. Your cards are amazing. TFS

Blue Rose said...

Paula,
Your cards are fantastic. You did an awesome coloring job. Love the stamped burlap. Thank you for the tip on stamping on Fun Foam...been using the wrong ink. I love the hemp twine. Great job.

lisa808 said...

Beautiful fancy-fold card.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Your cards are gorgeous Paula!! I just love the fold of the first one with your beautiful coloring, colors, and sky on the scene panel!!Your use of the banners and burlap on the second adds such texture, dimension and interest!
hugs,
Chris

Andrea D. La Vigne said...

Whew--what a lot of work on both cards! But they turned out wonderfully. I would have sworn the loopy border on the flip-flop card was a die cut, not hand-looped twine. But you did a great job! And that double-display card is fantastic. Love all the colors and textures that lend to the "beachy" feel. Thanks so much for sharing these!

Becky said...

Love all the details on your designs, Paula! Fabulous!!!

April said...

These are neat cards! I love the folds on the first one and the shape of the second one. xo

Sue D said...

FAbulous cards. I like your use of burlap on both.

Shelly Schmidt said...

You have been blessed with great talent : ) Loving the trifold card- and the 2nd CAS really packs a punch- LOVE both!

Silke Ledlow said...

Paula, both cards are beautiful! Love how you added the burlap and the sand dollar embellishments!

Colleen Howell said...

They are both great, but the Walk with Jesus is precious.

Saints Rule! said...

Amazing projects Paula! Love the fabulous color combos! Beautifully done!

Stephanie said...

The double display card is so pretty! You have so many great details on it. I really like the hemp on the flip flop card. How creative to use fun foam for the flip flops. So realistic!!

DebR said...

Your cards are beautiful... That first card is amazing!

craftymom205 said...

Great cards.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

Lena's Creations said...

I'm in awe! I love both of your cards, but the first one is totally captivating! Thank you for sharing your beautiful work.
Lena
xxx
Lena’s Creations

Bernadette said...

I really, really like the Walk With Jesus card. Beautiful inspiration on both cards, Paula! Thank you!

Dawn said...

Paula...wow! your first card just POPS!!! A beautiful creation, fab coloring, love the burlap!
Great design on the second and love the pennants added too!!

Conniecrafter said...

very pretty coloring, love the shell accenting, the second card is too cute, very cool idea to frame it with the loops with twine!

Audrey Ann said...

Wow Paula your first card is absolutely amazing!! I love all your wonderful elements here - so much to take in and all perfectly coordinated!! And your second card is just perfect - I love the colors and design on this one too. Hugs!!

Tammy Pope said...

Your first card is a feast for the eyes! And how patient are you to loop that hemp cord in such an amazing way on the second one!

Donna DeWitt said...

Beautiful cards! Love the fancy fold with such vibrant colors. And your flip flop card is just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your talent with us!

Wanda Cullen said...

Love your creations...especially the creative loopy frame on the second card!

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

WOW, Paula, what amazing cards you have come up with for this release, love them! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Lisa Somerville said...

Fabulous details on the Double Display card Paula!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin