Saturday, August 30, 2014

Shorebirds Swing Card

 Hey everyone, I hope you are having a great weekend! I have another card to share with you using SweetStamps stamps. This week, challenge 184-Masculine Birthday has me heading for nature and the beach! I decided to create a swing card for a little something different. Directions on how to create this type of card can be found here on Splitcoaststampers.
For the central image, I used Sweetstamps Shorebirds 3011 on glossy card stock. I think this is the best way to get a beautiful sky with minimal effort and it turns out different every time! I used a spellbinders die to cut out the image and I left the image in the die while I cut out the image with a utility knife going along the inside of the die with my knife. This made the image a bit smaller so that there would be a card stock border for an added detail.

On the inside, I used SweetStamps Special Day 9114 sentiment on the left side with the same die set and created a place to write a personal note on the right. It's a straight forward and fairly simple card so I'll just leave you with a materials list and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.
I would like to thank SweetStamps for inviting me to be a guest designer this month! I had a blast creating challenge cards using some of their stamps and products. If you would like to read my blog post over at SweetStamps for this card, click here.
Materials List
Stamps- SweetStamps Shorebirds 3011 and Special Day 9114
Card Stock and Paper- HP Photo Paper
                                     SU! Sahara Sand
                                     My Mind's Eye 12x12 Follow Your Heart "Be Amazing" Be Striped Paper
                                     Papertrey ink 8x8 Library Ledger
                                     K & Company 12x12 Sea Glass collection - Sailboats
Die- Spellbinders Labels 3
Inks and Markers- Memento- Tuxedo Black
                             SU! Pretty in Pink, Cameo Coral, Yo Yo Yellow, Creamy Caramel, Sahara Sand,
                                    Soft Suede, Bashful Blue, Old Olive, Tempting Turquois
                             Adirondack- Lemonade, Aqua, Lake Mist, Juniper
White Gel Pen
Clear spray sealer
Tiny real shells from an old necklace
Tiny Seashells Buttons by Dress It Up
Bling and Dolphin  by Busy Kids Kids Camp Jo-Ann Stores

Photobucket

2 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love your creativity- this card is fab! The colors you sponged on are so wonderful- and the shells are a perfect touch!

Donna K said...

Your creations are just fabulous, Paula. You inspired with every single detail on your projects. Love this swing card design with the shore birds image and those tiny shells are GREAT. Thank you so much for being our August guest at Sweet Stamps. I look forward to following you in the future! Have a wonderful week.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin