Friday, August 15, 2014

Taking A Look Back at the Our Daily Bread Designs August Release



Join me today as we take a look back at the Our Daily Bread Designs August release! I have had a blast working with these beautiful stamps for the last few weeks and have come to the conclusion that these are some of my very favorite stamps, in my stamp collection!
Today's project is a vintage style gate fold card! The card base is kraft card stock and then I cut five panels of teal designer paper to line the card. I inked my Cuttlebug Victoria embossing folder with Soft Suede ink and ran a piece of vintage designer paper called marmalade through my die cutting machine. I cut this down to make the panels on the front of the card. next,I took some printed cork and cut the shape on the left from theODBD Onate Borders and Flower Die set. Then I stamped the sentiment from the ODBD Walk with Jesus stamp set and die cut it with the ODBD Pennants die. Before I removed it from the die, I sponged around the edge to add that vintage feel. On the right side, I stamped the Flip Flops from the ODBD Walk with Jesus stamp set onto printed cork and cut it out with the matching ODBD Flip Flop Dies. I added tiny peals to the center of the flip flop and larger pearls to each corner of the panel.
The center of the card features the lifeguard stand stamp which I cut with oval spellbinder dies and mounted onto an embossed Heritage Cuttlebug frame. I inked the embossing folder first to get this vintage look. Next, I added a few pearls and inked a few edges to finish everything off.  
If you haven't already been to the ODBD blog today, head on over and see what we have for you there about the release. Make sure you hop on over to the other design team member blogs and check out the details on what cool stuff they made too!
 Julie * Cathy * Paula(me) * Grace * Chris * Lori * Dawn * Sandee * Wanda * Stacy
These are the Our Daily Bread Products used to make this card.
CSBD35 - ORNATE BORDERS & FLOWERS DIES184729104
187434768
187784413187434874


Photobucket

4 comments:

Grace said...

Paula I just love the vintage flare to your card... the papers, colors and use of dies is beautiful and I love the fun fold! Just beautiful!!!!
hugs,
Grace

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

That teal is one of my fave colors and your combo of colors make your double display look vintage!! Great combo of colors, papers, and dies!! Beautiful!!
hugs,
Chris

Cathymac said...

Wonderful gate fold card, Paula! Love the flip flops on the printed cork and the vintage looking papers! Fabulous project for taking a look back! Hugs!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Beautiful, Paula! Love the colors and pretty papers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin