Sunday, September 14, 2014

Birthday Quilt

Today's post is a reminder about the Our Daily Bread Shining Light Challenge 213 Stitch It. I whipped up this 5.5 x 5.5 inch card to celebrate the current challenge. Actually my inspiration is Case'd from Cheryl. You may use real or faux stitching on your project. I went the faux route because I didn't want to dig out my sewing machine. I started with a gray card base and a quilted paper from ODBD Soulful Stitches paper collection. I trimmed the edges of the 6x6 paper and added white stitches with a gel pen. I then heat embossed the doily from the ODBD Birthday Doily stamp set onto white paper and cut it out using the ODBD Doily Dies. I sponge the white areas with pink ink and added cotton chrocheted lace around the edge. I took a lighter gray card stock and stamped the birthday sentiment from the same stamp set I cut it out and added faux stitching and more lace. I added it to the doily along with some small white half pearl bling. I now have a simple and pretty card! Come on over and join the challenge!


Photobucket

4 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful doily and quilt card Paula!! Your layering and colors are beautiful!! Thanks so much for supporting the challenge this week!!
hugs,
Chris

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Paula, what a beautiful doily and quilt card!! I love how you've used real crocheted lace around the edge of the doily!! Stunning! And I see your faux-stitching!! Love it!! Thanks for joining us and supporting the team for the Shining the Light challenge this week! Hugs, sweet friend!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautifully done- so much love goes into your cards- and it shows! Awesome : )

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Paula, just one word - STUNNING!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin