Monday, September 1, 2014

ODBD September Release

Hello and welcome to the September Our Daily Bread Designs September Release!!! Go check it out and then join all the gals on their blogs to get more info about their projects and leave comments so that you can be eligible for the prizes.
Prize Information:
Three winners will be randomly chosen from the comments left on the designers blogs to receive a $15 Gift Certificate to the ODBD Store, to be used toward the purchase of ODBD Stamps found in the "stamps column" of the website.  You have until September 2, 2014 at 9:00 p.m. EDT to leave your comments!  The Winners will be posted on the ODBD Blog on September 3rd, so be sure to check back there to see if you won!
Head over to the ODBD Blog and see the DT projects too!
I decided to decorate a wooden box for my craft room and this is the result. I didn't add a lot of embellishments because this ODBD Soulful Stitches Paper Collection is too pretty to cover up!  On the front I used the Elizabeth Stamp, Spool and Tape Stamp, a few flowers, a buttom and some bling.

On the end I used the Victoria Stamp a pink vellum die cut Doily with the new die and a bit of bling.
On the lid of the box I kept it very simple. I added two buttons, four flowers, bling swirls and a homemade stick pin. Around the edge of the lid I used two different trims. The rose trim is vintage from my husband's grandmother.

This second project is a simple card using the Soulful Stitches paper, Quilts stamp set and the ODBD Doily die. I cut the doily out of pale pink vellum and added a few pearls. Then I colored the quilt image with alcohol markers and layered it with rose paper. Beneath that, I added green corrugated card. Next came the gray pearls along the bottom and the sentiment.

Visit the other design team members on the blog hop...
 Chris * Grace * Julie * Cathy * Lori * Sandee * Dawn * Paula * Lisa 
Silke * Wanda * Angie * Sabrina * Audrey


I used these items from the September 2014 Realease...




     


I also used these previously released products from ODBD....
SPOOL TAPE SINGLE


Photobucket

34 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

Paula!!!! My goodness!!! The altered box is insanely gorgeous!!! So many wonderful details to drool over.....wow!!!! Your card is gorgeous as well.....love the rich colors and gray pearls! HUGS!!

Grace said...

Paula your projects are over the top! LOVE your wood box you altered! So pretty and what a great idea!!! Love the card too... love the vellum for the doily!!! Very clever and a great touch!!!
hugs,
Grace

Lora said...

The sewing box is just divine! Love your work!!!

Regina Hamilton said...

Paula, your box is just gorgeous. You added so many stunning details to this beautiful project.

lisa808 said...

OMGosh--your box is beyond gorgeous!!! Would love that in my craft room.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my that box is just stunning, gorgeous embellishing all around, what a treasure and the coloring on your card is just beautiful!

Cathymac said...

WOWSERS, Paula…both projects are gorgeous! Love your altered box, and the way you colored the quilt on the second card makes it look like its been quilted! Fabulous release samples, my friend! Enjoy your Labor Day! Hugs!

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

WOW, Paula, your altered box is just so amazing.....LOVE it! I am a total nut for altered things and this box is just gorgeous! Oh, and don;t let me forget that stunning card, beautiful! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Shelia said...

Your little wooden box is just too cute! What a treasure!! Love the quilt and your color combo on the second project.

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Paula you are amazing! Your box is incredible and will be a showpiece for your craft room! And I LOVE your coloring of the quilt! It really looks quilted!!!

Lisa Somerville said...

Love the altered sewing box using the new release products, that will make such a nice gift! Beautiful quilt card too!

Becky said...

Paula, just when I think it can't get any better up pops this gorgeous wooden box creation. I think I had heart palpitations when I saw it. Beautiful job on both!

Audrey Ann said...

Wow Paula - what a wonderful way to show of this month's release!! Your craft room box is decorated sooooo beautifully I cannot take my eyes away. All the stunning detailing make it beyond gorgeous! And your second card is gorgeous as well!! Your quilt looks like real fabric it's so pretty!!
Blessings,
Audrey

Sue D said...

Beautifully embellished box and lovely card too.

Jean Bullock said...

WOW! Love the box - it's fantastic. I love the card even more. As I was glancing through the gorgeous projects on the ODBD site, it was your card that made me want to hop today. You made me fall in love with that quilt stamp. Well done.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh Paula, you projects are so gorgeous!! I especially love the box you altered!! The details, colors and use of the paper is beautiful!! Very creative!! You coloring of the quilt on the card is exquisite!!
hugs,
Chris

Rose said...

Your designs are so creative. They are way beyond beautiful. Amazing is just not expressive enough. Love them!!!

Greta said...

My jaw hit the floor when I saw the box! Your work is wonderful!

Pamela Haskin said...

Oh, my goodness girl! These are fabulous! I love boxes and yours is one of the best I've seen. And, your 'simple' card - it does not look simple. You have really made the quilt look puffy just like a real quilt. Very inspiring.

Saints Rule! said...

The treasure box is AMAZING! I just love all the lush details and obvious love you put into it. Amazing stuff!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- wonderfully done! The Dp is fabulous and loving the trim and your beautiful coloring.

DebR said...

WOW! These are absolutely splendid!
Such details and awesome coloring.

Dawn said...

OhMyGiddyAunt, Paula!!! Your creativity went through the roof on this box!! It's just fabulous!!
Your quilt card coloring is so awesome, it looks like a puffy quilt! Beautiful!

Marsha J Reed said...

Paula, your decorated box is beautiful! I love the quilt block on your card.

Becky said...

Paula, your box is just stunning with the antique dresses and patch work.

texsun said...

Love your project and card. The patchwork coloring on the card is beautiful.
Marjorie from TX
m.brundagetx at yahoo dot com

Letty Aguilar said...

OMGosh!!! Your box is awesome!!! Love the card too :) TFS God bless.

StampinCatMom said...

Holy cow, you really outdid yourself here! I adore the box and the little details on the card is really amazing. You rock it, girl!

Bernadette said...

Wow, that box is gorgeous! Are you going to give it away or keep it? I love the display of the papers and all the embellishments you used. The card is gorgeous as well. The coloring on the quilt is beautiful and the corrugated paper makes the quilt pop! Thanks for the inspiration!

Lura said...

I'd like to borrow you for a day or two in my hobby room! The projects are fabulous and the coloring on that little quilt makes it look like a stuffed quilted piece. Love them both!

E. Marie said...

I love your color combinations and details on both your projects. Your box is stunning.

Wanda Cullen said...

What a special sewing box...especially with the touch of vintage lace that was in the family! Your quilt card is so beautiful as well!

Silke Ledlow said...

Paula, the box and card turned out so beautiful! Love all the added details! Hugs ~S~

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Your little box is gorgeous, Paula! And your card is so pretty w/ the quilted pattern paper. Love them both!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin