Monday, October 6, 2014

Kelley at ODBD Birthday Blog Hop


Thanks for stopping by today as we take a secret birthday blog hop for Kelley at Our Daily Bread Designs!!! 

I decided to make a girly girl pink rose card! It was easy peasy to make using the ODBD Blushing Rose Collection of paper. You can see that I just die cut the sentiment from the paper and added a few pearls. I backed it with a  Labels 4 die cut which I embossed with an embossing folder and added small pearls. I placed this on a piece of the paper from the collection and knew I wanted to add a bow. At first, I had the background piece of paper laying on the horizontal with the bow and it looked good. It was pretty but still needed something.  I cut up one of the ODBD Decorative Corners and added it around the sentiment. I liked it but it didn't fit the paper any longer until I flipped the paper around. Yes, it looked great so I added a few layers of color and then went to work on the inside.
I just layered die cuts of the ODBD Vintage Labels, ODBD Vintage Flourish Pattern, Labels 4 and Labels 20 die cuts. I sponged the edge of the Vintage Flourish Pattern die cut with ink as well as the Labels 20 die cut. I added a sentiment from the ODBD All Occasion stamp set to finish things off.
                                             
If you arrived here from Robin's blog then it is time to continue on the hop with Linda or head over to the ODBD  Blog and start at the beginning! 
Chris * Lisa * Sandee * Grace * Wanda * Elizabeth * Robin * Paula *  Linda * Angie * Cathy * Silke * Dawn * Diana * Sabrina * Cheryl 

Thanks for stopping by!

Materials List
Stamps- ODBD All Occasion Sentiments
Dies- ODBD Vintage Labels, ODBD Decorative Corners, Vintage Flourish Pattern, Spellbinders                    Labels 4, Spellbinders Labels 20
Paper/Card Stock- ODBD Blushing Rose Collection, Sahara Sand, Vanilla,  Always Artichoke, Blush            Blossom
Ink-  Blush Blossom,  Lake Mist
Misc.- Pearl Bling, Ribbon, Cotton Lace,  Damask Regal Flourish embossing folder
Photobucket

14 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

Wow, Paula, so creative and gorgeous!! I love it and I know that Kelley will too!!! HUGS!!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful inside and out, love the layering and dies used!

Wanda Cullen said...

Beautiful card...inside and out! This hop is a really fun way to get birthday ideas and I love the papers you chose!

Irish Cherokee said...

Great card design. like that the card is finished inside and out. like the vintage feel. - Jim

Robin Clendenning said...

Great minds think alike huh??? I just love that happy birthday panel from ODBD! What a beautiful card! I bet Kelley is going to really love these cards!

Donna Whitten said...

Beautiful card, inside and out!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful birthday card using the Blushing Rose collection and your layering of dies!! Very feminine and elegant. Kelley would love it!!
hugs,
Chris

Dawn said...

don't you just love that Blushing Rose Collection!!!
your card is just beautiful, and how clever to use the decorative corner as you did!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Paula, I just love this paper collection (probably one favorite), and I love your beautiful layout with wonderful dies and yummy ribbon with pearls! It's gorgeous, and Kelley will love it! Hugs, sweet friend!

Grace said...

Oh Paula... this is beautiful! This paper collection is my favorite and I know Kelley will love every detail!!! It's gorgeous!!!

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty Paula, love how you framed the die cut panel!

Alshandra said...

Beautiful card Paula, both inside and out! Beautiful layout and such a gorgeous bow!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Paula, this is a beautiful - and elegant - birthday card! Nice!!!

Kelley said...

Wow, Blush Blossom, that's an only but goodie! LOL! Thanks so much, Paula, for participating and making my day special!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin