Friday, November 14, 2014

A Look Back at Our Daily Bread November Release

It's time once again to look at some wonderful projects created by the Our Daily Bread Designs Design Team! We are preparing for the Christmas holiday with projects galore! The November release will have you seeing stars!
I've taken the Snowflake Stars and Come Let Us Adore Him stamp sets to create these double sided Bethlehem star ornaments. They are sturdy enough to use year after year and may have you handing some down to your next generation of family members! For this blue star, I stamped two images of the largest Snowflake Star with blue dye based ink. I cut them out using the Splendorous Stars Dies and scored them down the center of each mountain (point) and valley so that I get a three dimensional star. I fill the void in the back with hot glue. While the glue dries, I choose corsage pins or head pins and some glass beads for additional decoration. Taking a star, I add dots of hot glue and place the beaded pins where I want them. Once that is dry, I glue the two halves together. If you work quick, you may use hot glue for this. If you want a bit more time to line things up you may use a wet quick dry glue, tacky glue or multi purpose glue.

 Now it's time to add the sparkle. I used a fine dry glitter on the blue ornament and a gold glitter glue on the burgundy ornament. I found that I needed two coats of glitter glue for good coverage. I added cording for the hanger and topped off the top of the cording with a bow made of the same material. This way, the tip of the branch from which the ornament hangs is also decorative. The last step is to add the bling to the center of the star and call it a day! You don't have to use round bling either. I'm working on one right now where I used large square bling and turned it on an angle like a diamond shape. It looks great too!

On this ornament, I stamped and heat embossed with gold embossing powder. I love the look but you do have to be careful when scoring and folding the card stock. Otherwise, the embossing could be damaged.
Every year I place an ornament on a package for my mom, sister and daughter. I think these will be the perfect ornament for 2014!
If you haven't made the rounds yet, make sure you stop by the ODBD blog and visit my other sister sticks to see what other beautiful projects they have made for you! Then pop into the Our Daily Bread Designs online store and pick up some goodies for the upcoming Christmas season! I promise that you will be inspired!
 Julie * Chris * Lori * Paula(that's me) * Cathy * Dawn * Sandee * Stacy 
Wanda * Silke * Gracie

Thanks for stopping by today! 
CSBD78 - SPLENDOROUS STARS DIESG594 - SNOWFLAKE STARSG602 - COME LET US ADORE HIM
Photobucket

6 comments:

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are such lovely ornaments, Paula! Love the colors and dimension. So creative!

Dawn said...

totally fabulous, Paula!! clever you, they're beautiful!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Oh my goodness!!!! Wow, Paula, they are both amazing!!!! You are awesome, girl!!!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What stunning ornaments Paula!! I so love the embossing, the sparkle and the fold of the ornament as well as the added beads. Gorgeous!!
hugs,
Chris

Becky said...

Gorgeous ornaments Paula.

Cathymac said...

WOW, Paula…your ornaments are gorgeous! What wonderful inspiration…must try this for sure! Hug!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin