Saturday, November 1, 2014

November '14 Our Daily Bread Designs Release

  Welcome once again to a new release for Our Daily Bread Designs! Let me begin by saying how much I adore this release! There are so many possibilities for wonderful and beautiful Christmas cards, gift tags, ornaments, Advent calenders etc.  This looks like a normal card but it isn't. I'll explain this fancy fold in a few minutes . First, let's get the prize information taken care of so that everyone will be eligible for some ODBD goodies!

Prize Information: 
Three randomly selected winners will each receive a $15 gift certificate to the ODBD Store, to be used toward the purchase of ODBD Stamps found in the "stamps column" of the website just for commenting on the Design Team cards!  You have until November 2, 2014 at 9:00 p.m. EST to leave your comments on the Designers Blogs for a chance to win!  The Winners will be posted on the ODBD Blog on November 3rd, so be sure to check back there to see if you won!

This fancy fold looks a bit like a gate fold when it is closed but it's really a Z fold instead! It's made on a card base of pearlescent gold so that it sparkles for the Christmas season and topped with the new winter collection 2014 paper.! I heat embossed the star using the new Snowflake Stars stamp set and cut it out using the new Splendorous Stard Die.then scored it on the back so that it would pop up with dimension. I had to be careful while doing this so as not to damage the embossing. I filled the back of the star with a bit of hot glue so that it would keep the shape. If it were left hollow, it would be smooshed in the mail. 
 I mounted the star onto die cuts from the ODBD Vintage Flourish pattern Die and the ODBD Vintage Labels Die.. I added 1/4 inch dimensional foam to the back side of this stack of die cuts and attached it to the left flap of the card. I went to work adding the poinsettias and swirl foliage with the ODBD Peaceful Poinsettias dies and the ODBD  Fancy Foliage dies. I must say that these two dies are staples for the Holiday Season since I can use any type of Papers to create so many colors of flowers. It's more versatile than using mulberry flowers. Here I have used pearlescent gold vellum and pearlescent mallard green card stock for the floral work. This look is very pretty indeed!!! The transparency of the flowers is quite elegant!

For the inside, I stamped the sentiment on cream card stock and embossed with gold embossing powder. Adding another flower in the corner finished everything off nicely. For the center of the Z panel, I used the star paper from the stack and sponged the edges to blend it with the swirl paper. It's a nice contrast and adds a bit more interest. This card is an A2 size when closed.
This next card measures a full 5x7 inches. I started with a royal blue card stock as the base and added two die cut panels from the Vintage Flourish Pattern dies which I cut in a white pearlescent card stock. I used two of the new dies for the top layer. Again I cut the Flourished Star Pattern with white pearlescent card stock and added pearls. The next layer was also cut with the same die using the royal blue card stock. Finally, the top layer was stamped using the Silk Stars Stamp Set. I used a blue dye based ink to load the stamp and then I used a darker blue marker to add the shadows to the fully inked stamp. After I stamped the image, I used a mid tone marker the blend everything together. I took another blue marker and added the lines down the center of each star point. This gave me a realistic looking dimensional star which is flat in reality. I cut this out using the Splendorous Stars Dies and topped it off with a large half pearl. A bit of ribbon across the bottom with the sentiment (cut with the Ornate Borders and Flower Dies) finishes off the front.
On the inside, I layered blue and white card stock with die cuts from the Beautiful Borders and Vintage Labels Dies. I used sentiments from the new Come Let Us Adore Him Stamp Set.

These are products from the new release which I used.
G594 - SNOWFLAKE STARSWINTER COLLECTION 2014 6x6 PAPER PADCSBD78 - SPLENDOROUS STARS DIESCSBD75 - FLOURISHED STAR PATTERN DIEG602 - COME LET US ADORE HIMG604 - SILK STARS
Now it's time to visit the ODBD blog and my sister sticks for a chance to win some ODBD Stamps.
Chris * Lori * Paula(that's me) * Cathy * Dawn * Sandee * Julie * Angie * Lisa * Wanda *
 Grace Silke * Sabrina AudreyGraciellie (Guest Designer).

Thanks for stopping by!
Photobucket

38 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

My goodness, girl!!! Both of your cards are insanely gorgeous!!! Love the fold design and all of the gorgeous details of the first, especially the poinsettias...yummy! The blues on the 2nd absolutely knocked me out.....wow, wow, wow!!!! Fabulous job on both!!! HUGS!!!

Patty said...

Wow, Wow, Wow!! Both absolutely beautiful cards! Love all the beautiful colors & details you put into both!! All the pearly papers make them that much more stunning!!

Becky said...

I cannot wait to try that Z Fold...I love it as well as your creation using it. Fabulous!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful shading on the first card, it almost looks like a window card, your flowers are beautiful, the blues on the second is so pretty too, very pretty layering of the dies!

wannabcre8tive said...

Your cards are so pretty. I love them all.

Dawn said...

beauties, Paula...that blue one is stunning!!

Raylene Hillhouse said...

So beautiful...I am in awe!

Anonymous said...

Wow, love the fold and the blue is striking!!!

lynda said...

Both of your cards made my jaw drop...absolutely stunning. Love the dimension and a fold wih the elegant gold, and he wow factor of the blue!

Jeanne said...

Very elegant!

Becky said...

Both of these are beautiful! Love the fold on the first one and the colors of both are so pretty.

Audrey Ann said...

Hi Paula!! Wow wow wow!! If all I saw today was your first card, I'd be perfectly happy - it is breathtaking!! Your design, paper selections, sponging, colors - and those AMAZING Poinsettias - altogether in one project - just blows me away. I also love your second card - the beautiful layout and wonderful blues are a great contrast to the first. Hugs & Blessings,
Audrey

Vicky Gould said...

Anazing!!!

Beth Norman said...

Both cards are beautiful, but your first one really rocks my world. Such a creative and inspirational card. That star is gloreous!

Pattie J. said...

beautiful, the love the Z fold card of gold, Star of wonder.

April said...

Both cards are just gorgeous! I love the fold on the first one. Great job!

Sue D said...

Love the fancy fold and embellishments on the first and the blue and white color combo of the second.

Graciellie Ch said...

Oh Paula your first card is absolutely gorgeous, and your second card is so full of contrast and detail too! Love them both!

Shelia said...

Both of these are beautiful! I really like the z fold & all the shimmer on the first one!

Saints Rule! said...

Beautiful Paula! The second project reminds me of flow blue dishes... so rich and elegant!

Grace said...

Goodness Paula you outdid yourself on these two!!! LOVE your z fold! Makes mine look plain! lol! Love all the details and the second one is so rich in those shades of blue!!! You rocked these sets gf!!!
hugs,
Grace

Cathymac said...

Both project are gorgeous and elegant, Paula! Love the fancy Z Fold on the first and the blue card is just stunning! Fabulous release cards…Hugs!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Gorgeous work Paula!! I so love your z fold with all the amazing hues of copper, gold, and yellow as well as the folded 3d star and poinsettias. Amazing!! Your blue on the second is so rich!!
hugs,
Chris

Sherry said...

very very pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hannah Means said...

Oh my goodness! Both cards are gorgeous, but that Z fold card is simply outstanding!

Janet said...

absolutely beautiful !!!

Pamela Haskin said...

Such a gorgeous card! Love that star!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

oh goodness Paula! Your cards are soooo gorgeous! Vibrant beautiful colors and fantastic designs!!!

Diane Clemen said...

Wow, blue is my favorite color and your card blew me away. Thanks for sharing.

Cards By Betty said...


Thank you for sharing such beautiful projects with the new stamps and dies

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Both are gorgeous, Paula! Love the fancy fold and all the beautiful poinsettias on the first and the brilliant blue on the second is striking.

Kathy Krug said...

The Z fold card is sp beautiful. Love the dimension you gave the star.

Mary Babet said...

Beautiful creations! The blue and white one is my favorite. These stamps and dies are so elegant.

Wanda Cullen said...

So many wonderful layers on your creations! Especially love that Z-fold card!

Silke Ledlow said...

Oh..I so love that fold card...so many awesome details! Two gorgeous designs Paula!!!

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Oh my goodness, Paula, both of your cards are beautiful! Really love the blue of the second one....just striking! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Lisa Somerville said...

Pretty cards Paula! Wonderful designs, love the added dimension on the Splendorous Stars Die!

Kelley said...

Paula, both cards are so pretty! Love how you did the inside of the blue card. We don't often see the insides!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin