Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Reach for the Stars Card


Today I have a SCS sketch challenge for you! I'm still using stamps, dies and paper from the ODBD November release. I know this doesn't happen often, but I actually made an A2 size card with going gray card stock. I didn't have any rose colored paper left to go with this Victorian Velvet stamp pad so I improvised and made my own colored paper. All I did was rub the stamp pad onto white paper and you can see that I made two colors of paper. The star die cut piece was colored several times and let dry to get a darker shade. I colored the paper first and then used the ODBD Flourished Star Pattern die to cut out filigree star. I used the large star from the same die set and cut a silver star too. The rectangle die was used to cut the star paper from the Winter Collection paper and layered together.  I added white five pointed star brads to the center of the small stars.
  

I used the large star stamp from the ODBD Silk Stars stamp set and cut it out with the ODBD Splendorous Stars Die set. I scored and folded to give it dimension. Then I filled the back with glue from my glue gun and attached it to the card front. I stamped the sentiment from the Reach for the Stars stamp set and again used another sentiment from the same set on the inside.  It's the famous Casey Kasem quote. I added ribbon and pearled lace under the sentiment and attached all of this to the front of the card base. I added a large half pearl to the center of the large star too!
Thanks for stopping by today!

Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin