Friday, December 5, 2014

Angel Star Christmas Card

 I'm still in Christmas card mode with glitter here, there and everywhere! I'll be cleaning up glitter for months to come but, that's okay. It's so festive and it really turned this card into something special! I'm adding it to the Our Daily Bread Shining Light Challenge ODBDSLC219-Christmas with ODBD stamps. Come on and join in the fun!
 Today's creation uses ODBD products from the last several releases. I used light blue card stock and cut three Flourished Star Pattern die cuts. I then took paper from the ODBD Christmas Collection 2014 and cut out three stars. I centered these on the center of the blue stars and glued them down. Once the glue was dry, I cut out the center with another star from the same die set and scored each blue piece down the certer vertically. I carefully folded the pieces and began to glue them together. Before I glued the last of the panels, I strung a beaded angel onto silver cord and glued it into the center of the piece. I simply tied a knot in the cord so that the angel stays put in the center of the open star. I looped the top of the cord over and back down into the card so that a tiny loop is left on the top of the card. Now the card can easily be hung as a Christmas decoration or it can sit nicely on a table. I cut tiny stars with the Splendorous Stars Die and glued them down to the small star shapes of the Flourished Star Pattern die cuts . I added light blue bling to the center of these for added sparkle. I created the poinsettia with the Peaceful Poinsettia die and more of the Christmas paper. I sponged light blue on the die before removing the poinsettia pieces so that the veins of the petals showed through. Another piece of light blue bling finished the flower and I turned my attention to the sentiment. I used the Mini Tag Sentiments stamp set and Mini Tags die on white card stock. I then sponged the tag and tucked it under the poinsettia. I sat and looked at this card for three days and wondered what to do with it. I liked how it turned out but, it still needed something. I pulled out my fine glitters and finally settled on using this custom blended blue that I made. It has three shades of blue and even some white glitter blended together.
Aaah, now it's a festive Christmas creation. I think it would be pretty hanging on a tree or sitting among the fireplace mantle greens! How about adding a couple of dimensional star ornaments hanging from the bottom in a line of three as a mobile type decoration?  Yes, there are lots of possibilities!!!!
Thanks for stopping by and joining me today! I hope you were inspired as you create wonderful things for Christmas!  I love to hear from you!
Photobucket

4 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Paula, who absolutely delicate and lovely, and I do love the glitter and the soft colors! Yes, I totally agree this would be perfect on a tree or easily on a mantle filled with greenery! Stunning! So glad you've joined in to support the Shining the Light challenge this week, sweet friend! It's always a joy to see your work! Warm hugs!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful and so creative, Paula!! I just love the colors and all the sparkle! What a gorgeous Christmas decoration! Thanks for sharing and supporting the challenge team and challenge my friend.
hugs,
Chris

Gwen said...

So very pretty and creative !!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin